Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard many peoples opinions on the new KTM's. Looking pretty badass to me! Fully Adjustable WhitePower suspension/Brembo brakes/braided lines...ect strait from the factory.

Anyone ever owned/ridden a KaToooM? That 660SMC is looking damn good to me:evil THUMP THUMP THUMP!!!!:cheers

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Not really into the supermotard look for a streetbike but I think racing one would be a blast. What I do like is KTM's offroad bikes. Gonna be interesting to see what Jeremy McGrath can do with one.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bluebusa60544 said:
Not really into the supermotard look for a streetbike but I think racing one would be a blast. What I do like is KTM's offroad bikes. Gonna be interesting to see what Jeremy McGrath can do with one.
I love the supermoto look, and I'd love to try racing one. They run them up at Road America on the go-cart track...:D

Thier dirtbikes are pretty badass; I think McGrath will do well once he get things sorted, Langston is rippin fast on that 125. Funny that although I'm more of a roadracing fan I end up watching more motoX than roadracing. I can't get speedvision but ESPN2 runs lots of Moto's....:rolleyes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Own a 00 640 Supermoto. Definetly a blast to ride. A nice weopon for cutting up the nieborhoods. Check out this site, based out of the Neatherlands. Small but tru passion for the machines. Monomaniacs

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Whoa,

I dig the supermotard stuff. After cutting my teeth with road biking here, I may get a dirtbike and do that (years down the road we are talking..) Just looks so damn FUN.

It was on Bike week last week. They set up a course in a big ass parking lot. Talk about some insane wheelies!

http://www.superbikers2.com is the website for the racing based out of Road America.

Chris

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
I've got a friend with a new Duke down in South Carolina. He rides an R1 and a Duc (748/916?)and absolutely loves the KTM. He says they are areal blast to ride. And this is coming from a guy who's 50+ years in age.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Man I love the look of that 660 up there. The duke looks a little goofy. How much does that 660 go for and do they have a website?

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
nedragr said:
Own a 00 640 Supermoto. Definetly a blast to ride. A nice weopon for cutting up the nieborhoods. Check out this site, based out of the Neatherlands. Small but tru passion for the machines. Monomaniacs

Wow that would be a cool pic of the week:D :D

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Now thats that a bad idea. :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:
Now thats that a bad idea. :D

I do have them sometimes:rolleyes .:laughing :laughing

That's a great pic is that you nedragr?????

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GsxrTony said:
Man I love the look of that 660 up there. The duke looks a little goofy. How much does that 660 go for and do they have a website?
660 SMC and the 640SM are around the $7-8K range?

660SMC is the sport/competition model-- hot cams/piston & kickstart only

640SM is the same basic platform slightly more street biased with the slightly milder tuned 640cc electric start engine.

They also will be offering a full-on factory race replica of the 660 for around $20,000.

www.ktmusa.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
Crazy said:

That's a great pic is that you nedragr?????
No, it ain't me, I could only wish. Paid $7000 for mine in 00. A buddy here in town has a Duke and just loves it. The big difference between the two is suspension. Duke is more street orientated, vs. the SM is off their Dual purpose bike.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Whoa!

Swinging the back end around AND draggin' a knee! :thumbsup
Usually don't see those two together. This guy's got some skills here.

Maybe someday :)

Chris

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
nedragr said:

No, it ain't me, I could only wish. Paid $7000 for mine in 00. A buddy here in town has a Duke and just loves it. The big difference between the two is suspension. Duke is more street orientated, vs. the SM is off their Dual purpose bike.

Wow..where these pics coming form then the website?

That is awsome.:cheers

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't ridden my race bike since I built the 426 into a supermoto. They are a blast. I'm trying to find a CR500 to make into a SM next. This might be the end for the sportbikes for me

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Ducman said:
I haven't ridden my race bike since I built the 426 into a supermoto. They are a blast. I'm trying to find a CR500 to make into a SM next. This might be the end for the sportbikes for me
Say it aint so:( :( :(

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'll keep the R6 for when I go to big tracks. But right now 'Tards are more fun, probably because there is so much more for me to learn, since the riding style is so different. Also they are very cheap to crash, a highside only cost $40. they are easy on tires and super easy to work on. The only downside is the short range.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Damn I was hoping he wouldnt say it was that much fun. :D :D Now I gotta have one.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
It does look like fun. Almost like they are practicing the slide under the semi trailer move. Haven't had to use that one yet.:laughing :laughing :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts