Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I filled out my registration today.
Price increase on Jan 10.

The great thing about this year, I get to run in the 40-44 age group!
Which means an earlier start!

-X

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the price increase. This one is on my list for this year.

·
Registered
13,847 Posts
I'd be in it if it was about standing around looking fly while smoking the mean greens.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Nice! This is going to be a fun race. Ill be signed up before jan 10!!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I just signed up for the Palos half marathon yesterday. I may do Xterra ft Custer. What other tune up races are you guys doing for this?

I gotta say I'm looking more forward to this than last year. I already have the distance and can now concentrate on training the speed.:)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
all signed up...it's on!! :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saw the swim times from the Pros in Panama today, under the :20 mark.

I am so not ready for Racine!

-X

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Saw the swim times from the Pros in Panama today, under the :20 mark.

I am so not ready for Racine!

-X
Last year my swim ruined my whole race! I had a leak in my goggles. Normally, that's just one of those things where I'd just keep going in a race. But, since I just put on sunscreen it was swishing around stinging my eye. Racines swim is tough enough to sight the way it's set up. So I stopped for a second to fix it. When I stopped I took in a huge gulp of air and water when a wave hit me in the face. I kept going on the swim and finished in a pathetic 40 minutes!! When I got on the bike I realized all that air and water left me bloated. I had to deal with that the rest of the race. My bike was less than a 20 mph avg, also pathetic for me. The run was the worst. I just couldn't keep running being that bloated. I mostly walked! :(

This year I want revenge. I got back into masters swim this weekend and hooked up with some of my tri buddies to set up times this during the week to swim as well. I don't think I'll be anywhere close to a 20 handle like the pros. I'm going to be happy with anything with a 30 handle for Racine.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This year I want revenge...
We all are in it for revenge!
I did the race in 2010 with the bottoms of both my feet burnt and blistered.

The swim is by far my weakest point. I dream of a sub :40, so the :20 is insane to me.
In my last swim, I could only do 25m in :22 seconds flat out for one length.
Their pace is 7 seconds faster every 25m... For the entire race!

-X

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
While Racine is a long way out, my hopes are dimming.
Some how, I thought I would have more time between rounds of racing.
Yet, we added TC to our schedule and I am struggling to fit in my work outs.

Now I am off to our 3rd round racing this year, with another 3 rounds before Memorial day weekend. :mecry:

Meh, I know this doesn't not sound like a good excuse...
But I did want to be ready for a good race at Racine.

-X

1 - 20 of 43 Posts