Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
17,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now's the time to plan out those races and get to work training!

Went through these this week. Ruled out the reds, unless something changes, blues are maybes.

What are you planning for 2013?

· Registered
17,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
La Ruta! Plus a few WORS races, century rides, endurance 100 mile MTB races, an Ironman, and a few tris. :laughing: Maybe I'll throw in a 5K for more training. :laughing:
Did you find a 100 mile MTB race local or are you doing the Leadman?

· Registered
17,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Leadville, but there are a few other ones like the Cohutta and Wilderness 101. I will probably do one of them depending on the dates and work situation.
Nice! We are still doing long rides Sundays if you're interested. I'm sure you'll need to get on that long ride training soon with ambitions like that next year.

· DONATING MEMBER
24,867 Posts
Yeah once CX is over I'll be training quite a bit. Time will be short, and there will be others doing this type of training near me, so not sure how much I'll be able to travel. Unfortunately to keep my work schedule and not get divorced I will have to get up at 3am and start my long rides during the week so I can make it back for my kid and then ride to work too. It will be an interesting training schedule for sure.

· Registered
17,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah once CX is over I'll be training quite a bit. Time will be short, and there will be others doing this type of training near me, so not sure how much I'll be able to travel. Unfortunately to keep my work schedule and not get divorced I will have to get up at 3am and start my long rides during the week so I can make it back for my kid and then ride to work too. It will be an interesting training schedule for sure.
It'll be tough for sure! Because I'm working a lot more with international trading I've been getting up at 2:30am to get workouts in. LMK if you want to do something. I'm up early for rides anyway.

· Registered
9,337 Posts
Barry Roubaix on March 23rd. Training is going awesome, mainly because I am awesome already, so unless I do something really screwy, I should stay awesome.
That cause you copied my awesomeness. The Barry Roubaix is my first too. Then the Super Crit af BHF following weekend.

· Registered
17,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going well here. I'm on track to where I want to be. A little worried about a nagging injury that keeps flaring up but I still have a little time. I've got 2 more weeks of base building before we move to high intensity. Usually I move to high intensity much earlier but I always seem to peak too early. So this makes a little more sense. Still struggling with all the colds I always get! Especially this winter. Every time we warm up my allergies go crazy. Then I hit the pool and get a sinus infection. But I'm holding on to my pool fitness pretty good still. Not the improvement I'd like but holding on. I just ordered up a new wetsuit for the season too. HUGE difference a good wetsuit makes. I'm so much more comfortable in this new one its insane! I've really concentratd on the bike this year so I'm looking forward to getting out to see those results. I've got training camp in California April 21. Then the first race is the Palos Half Marathon May 5th. First tri is Ft Custer May 19

· Tony M.
1,900 Posts
I don't have anything planned or organized. I just use google calendar and even have a regular one that I write on with a pen. For those that haven't heard it's made of paper and writing is like one step ahead of carving into rock tablets.

Brian, are you on garmin connect or strava (twitter)? I'd like to add you if you don't mind.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.