Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Ridiculously Good Looking
32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As much as I am a RV2 Fan, I would love to see some of the young guns up there battling on their new teams - Hoping the best for RC's new RCH Team (Spent some $$) and Reed has a team that rivals KTM when it comes to mechanics and Susp guys - Stoked for guys like Jimmy Albertson and the battles in the 5-10 spots and I hate to say it but hearing good things about Stewie on the Zuk

· Registered
646 Posts
Being a KTM guy, I would love to see Dungey take it in SX to follow up on his MX title, but I just don't see him beating a healthy RV2 over the full season if he stays healthy. I think Stewart and Reed will win some races, but I doubt they have enough to knock him off anymore.

I'm just hoping for a season like 2011 where there are 4 or 5 guys going back and forth for most of the season. I'm real interested to see what Barcia can do for a full season! Hopefully, most of them stay healthy for most of the season and keep it interesting!

32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm real interested to see what Barcia can do for a full season!
Reed's comment about him after MEC was "He's going to be a pain in the ass all year" - He is not getting much love from the Big Boys regarding his style - RV, RD and even Reed have gone on reord to say that he is a tad out of control and they don't see that jiving well in the 450 class - Is that jealousy and fear? - Maybe but I think they are right to be afraid

My OPINION on this class is Reed and Stewie are on the back side of the downward slope and you will see guys like Wiemer, Tickle & Brayton giving them a run - RV will run as he always does - RD will be on the box every round, as he always does - Alessi will pull holies and fade, as he always does and I think Barcia will be banging bars with them all

I am more stoked for the 250s as those classes are just as stacked - I really think Tomac will be the next big thing - He looked ALLLLLL too comfortable on the 450 @ MEC and i would love to se Marvin and Roczen break out to challenge Geico Honda and of course PC w/Blake & Deano

32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what's up with Canard? is he supposed to be 100% healthy for A1?
He has been testing with Albie and a few other Okie Boys - Not sure yet on his 100% health yet - I forgot about him - he is a top 5'er on any night too

32,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bubba's gonna take this shit! Belee dat playa!
Reports are he is liking the Suz but my $$ is on 2012 repeating itself for him - Fast, but when having to go from 95% to 99%, over the bars he goes

I am sure he will get on the box here and there if he stays healthy

Suz has quite a few on their bikes this year

· Go ahead, I'll catch up
1,224 Posts
I'm thinking it will be the Ryan and Ryan show with Stewie, Reed, and Canard winning some races and on the podium. Barcia will be on the box some rounds and I think he will get a race win. Either way, it should be good. I'm going to Phoenix for my first live SX race.

Happy Holidays and ride safe,
Brian

· Registered
3,451 Posts
If RV is healthy he'll dominate. I think Reed will be his closest contender because he's VERY hungry and knows his time is short. I think Stewart will have moments of the brilliance of what he once was but his problem is deep in his head and he's not hungry enough anymore. It's all the others that are going to make this season fun and interesting to watch. Especially Dungey...The confidence of the outdoor title, the commitment of KTM to give him the best ride possible and having DeCoster working with him will give him a boatload of extra ammo.
Bottom line: I predict that it will be Vilipoto, Reed and Dungey that will finish the series in the top 3...not necessarily in that order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.