Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Wisconsin FIB
2,232 Posts
Doesn't look like a factory color, rear wing, or rims. He says the engine is rebuildable, but without knowing why it doesn't run,it could cost a lot to refresh it. Could just be a head gasket, could need a lot more.

For a non running car that old....even a 300ZX, it's worth basically scrap value. $500 or less.

· Registered
121 Posts
A couple things

After market paint job
Only one photo? Probably not a current one leaves lots of unanswered questions
Drivers side headlight is broken?
Wheels look horrible IMO

All the "information" is about the turbo. And provides nothing a google search couldn't find.
How are the brakes? The tires? The electrical components? The trans? The diff? Ect. More info is needed.

Personally the car is a dog without the turbos. I have an NA in the family ('93). The car is useless in the rain/snow. It seems the car was built AROUND the engine so working on it is extremely difficult. All that said, I love the car and if done right it will keep making you smile and turning heads.

If you live near there, go check it out. If it's more than an hour away, leave it.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well im out here in nashville didnt know all that was was not factory. It is just about an hour away so i guess i will take a look but be very skeptical and deff offer less then asking price. I like these cars ever since i was young. As for one in chicago not too much luck they are all pretty pricey 2500+. And none are the 2+2, its nice to have rear seats even if they are useless. Thanks for the help, i did a little more research myself so i can give a decent inspection.

· Wisconsin FIB
2,232 Posts
well im out here in nashville didnt know all that was was not factory. It is just about an hour away so i guess i will take a look but be very skeptical and deff offer less then asking price. I like these cars ever since i was young. As for one in chicago not too much luck they are all pretty pricey 2500+. And none are the 2+2, its nice to have rear seats even if they are useless. Thanks for the help, i did a little more research myself so i can give a decent inspection.
If you're looking for a project, pick up an older Datsun Z. IMHO they look better, more support, and they will retain value better.

· Banned
8,661 Posts
its always best and wait to find another one. I know how it feels when you see something, and you want THAT ONE.

Not worth the gas and time to get something that doesn't have a motor in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.