Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The much anticipated 355 extension opens on monday (weather permitting)

OK WTF is with the weather permitting? it's a highway for fucks sake, can it not be driven on in the rain?

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
Sweet!!!! I can't wait to check it out. I live right where I55 and I355 connect.

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
it will make going to my dads house great! i will not even have to touch 294 anymore.

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
i foresee 355 jams from all the excitement, same shit different road

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
great - so 5 times more traffic will clog this one up too.

weather pending??????

·
Registered
511 Posts
what was it closed for exactly? (i dont travel on that road, nor do I watch the news or read the paper...)

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
what was it closed for exactly? (i dont travel on that road, nor do I watch the news or read the paper...)
I-355 stopped at I-55 now it extends to I-80 ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
So does this mean I 80 between I-55 and about 10 miles into Indiana is going to become even more congested than it already gets? :(

When I moved here, I thought it would be great as I would still be close enough to visit family in Michigan over the weekends.

After taking 4.5 hours to complete a drive that should take around 3 (1.5 hours sitting on I-80 between I-294 junction and Indiana) I realized my assumption would not be a reality.

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
I don't see how the expansion of 355 to 80 is going to make traffic worse. You will be splitting the traffic between 294 and 355 now for those who are traveling south. Besides, most of the traffic in the morning is going north anyways.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
So does this mean I 80 between I-55 and about 10 miles into Indiana is going to become even more congested than it already gets? :(

When I moved here, I thought it would be great as I would still be close enough to visit family in Michigan over the weekends.

After taking 4.5 hours to complete a drive that should take around 3 (1.5 hours sitting on I-80 between I-294 junction and Indiana) I realized my assumption would not be a reality.
That has actually cleared up nicely. It used to be a giant clusterfuck, but its pretty smooth sailing there now. Now the problem area is the I80-I65 interchange where they're doing some construction.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
There sure is.. :beltfed
hehe, I actually got a ticket there the other day for "cutting in line." Apparently, the Indiana State Troopers take there training from grade school hall monitors.

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
hehe, I actually got a ticket there the other day for "cutting in line." Apparently, the Indiana State Troopers take there training from grade school hall monitors.
What was the offense? I hate it when people do that, but I didn't know it was a ticketable offense.

I wish they made this extension 4 years ago when I was going to SIU :grrrr

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:spit :spit :spit

Are you serious???? is that actually in the Indiana law books? what statute did he write you up under, I'm guessing it wasnt sec4 paragraph 6 titled Na na Boo Boo no cuts for you :lmao:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
:spit :spit :spit

Are you serious???? is that actually in the Indiana law books? what statute did he write you up under, I'm guessing it wasnt sec4 paragraph 6 titled Na na Boo Boo no cuts for you :lmao:
:jester i can picture the judge going :neener: "GUILTY!"

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
I forsee the stretch of i355 between i55 and i80 becoming a terrific stretch of pavement for test and tuning. :wheelie:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts