Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

355 South opens Monday!!!!

1K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  Dirtbiker 
#1 ·
The much anticipated 355 extension opens on monday (weather permitting)

OK WTF is with the weather permitting? it's a highway for fucks sake, can it not be driven on in the rain?

#2 ·
Sweet!!!! I can't wait to check it out. I live right where I55 and I355 connect.

#12 ·
So does this mean I 80 between I-55 and about 10 miles into Indiana is going to become even more congested than it already gets? :(

When I moved here, I thought it would be great as I would still be close enough to visit family in Michigan over the weekends.

After taking 4.5 hours to complete a drive that should take around 3 (1.5 hours sitting on I-80 between I-294 junction and Indiana) I realized my assumption would not be a reality.

#14 ·
That has actually cleared up nicely. It used to be a giant clusterfuck, but its pretty smooth sailing there now. Now the problem area is the I80-I65 interchange where they're doing some construction.

#13 ·
I don't see how the expansion of 355 to 80 is going to make traffic worse. You will be splitting the traffic between 294 and 355 now for those who are traveling south. Besides, most of the traffic in the morning is going north anyways.

#29 · (Edited)
best thing this state could have done in years was making this stretch of road...they needed to do it back when they 1st opened 355...it will save time heading out of state or heading south or north now...

#34 ·
On a plus note I just found out Superbike Italia moved out to romeoville 10 minutes away form me. no more hour drive to get parts :D

#36 ·
uh oh...i dont think its opening up tomorow...there is nothing but rain today and tomorrow....looks like ya all got to wait for better weather...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.