Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... a minor change in direction (It's a woman's perogative).:D

Despite my demonstrated fondness for cream puffs, funnel cake and Demolition Derby, John and I are heading down to Route 66 Raceway for the All-Harley Drags!

(Okay, so we went to the fair tonight instead):jester

Meet at the Highland House... Kickstands up at 9:00. I REALLY mean it this time:helmet

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
SOB funnel cakes?:mad
damm now i want one covered with strawberrys and powered sugar...have fun for me..i wish i could go too since this is so close to me here.

i even had to cancel my sunday ride cause of a freaking business thing:mad

anyway eat an extra for me girl;)

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I like mine Def Leppard style... just pour some powdered sugar on it;)

And if any of youse Sout Siders wants to come with... we can hook up somewhere along 55!:helmet

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
KBOlsen said:
Okay... a minor change in direction (It's a woman's perogative).:D

Despite my demonstrated fondness for cream puffs, funnel cake and Demolition Derby, John and I are heading down to Route 66 Raceway for the All-Harley Drags!

(Okay, so we went to the fair tonight instead):jester

Meet at the Highland House... Kickstands up at 9:00. I REALLY mean it this time:helmet
where is route 66 raceway? joliet? :confused

·
Premium Member
45,955 Posts
Ok so what your trying to do is bring a bunch of sportbikes riders to an all harley event. What are you trying to do? get everyone lynched? :D :D :D :twofinger

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:
Ok so what your trying to do is bring a bunch of sportbikes riders to an all harley event. What are you trying to do? get everyone lynched? :D :D :D :twofinger
Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh....probably just make them jealous.:D

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where is route 66 raceway? joliet
Yep... that's the one! We could collect you somewhere in between if you'd like to join us - we'll most likely go down 294 to 55, and then west.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh....probably just make them jealous.
Only when they calculate how much it cost to get their bikes to go as fast as they do - versus what a sportbike will do stock out of the box!

And Tony - RACING is ALL good - don't matter what they're riding.:twofinger :twofinger

HEY! What's this - new smilies????? WOOHOOO!!!!

(now, what's this: :E)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
KBOlsen said:
Yep... that's the one! We could collect you somewhere in between if you'd like to join us - we'll most likely go down 294 to 55, and then west.
depends on what time...gonna have a late night tonight :evil

What time could I meet you on your way down by me...I live by 294, 90 and 355. :D

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Babette, you WILD thang! Think you'll be recovered by Sunday?:evil

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
What time U think u will be at 294 / 55? I am in the area. well kinda... I have to get some work done in the morning, but late morning might work 4 me.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
did you guys go to this? damn CLSB kicked me off on friday and I left for work never to see this thread again til today. :rolleyes :laughing

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since the response from the board was so light, we went straight to the track from our house. Got there around 10:00, walked around, John got to say "hi" to all his drag racing friends, we had breakfast ($5.00 for a funnel cake! $3.00 for a bottle of water!!!:mad ) and as we were making the climb to the top of the bleachers, Kevin caught up with us. Our friend Rich "Mad Dog" Crouthers blew up his Top Fuel bike the day before, and our other friend Larry (the guy who lost his foot last year) had an electrical problem with his Pro Mod bike at the starting line during eliminations, so we had to find other folks to cheer for. Saw a guy on a V-Rod run in the mid 10's - think he had a nitrous bottle tucked away someplace. Seemed like there were more cops than spectators (apparently the were expecting trouble between the Outlaws and H.A.'s) but everyone was cool. Great day for a drag race, and we saw about a dozen sportbikes in the parking area on the way out. Route 66 is a beautiful "grown up" dragstrip, and watching all the Harley riders playing "dress-up" makes for an interesting sideshow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts