Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are not going to Gingerman, we are doing another day run. Leaving in Elgin, going through Oregon, Freeport, Galena, Dubuque, 56 along the river to Sterling and home down 88. We will be meeting at the McDonalds at Randall and Rt. 20 in Elgin. We will meet at 7:45-8:00am on Sunday.

The rules: sorry after all of the fallen riders, this is a must.

For those of you who have not ridden with us (Tim and I) We ride fast but we are courteous to our other riders, and other vehicles. I am not so bad, but there will be people with me that do not care to much for wreckless riders, and will be more than vocal about it. I have always had a great time with everyone that I have met here, so I don't mean to sound like an old man. There are a ton of safe places for wheelies, high speed runs, and carving, and we all love to watch/do them at the right times. oh and WE DON"T SHARE LANES especially at 100+.

I hope we can get a great turn out, and an even better after the ride report.:B

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
Does this mean I can't grab your ass on the way by? What fun is this? LOL. Count me in, dude. I just got my new track day tires so I will put the old ones on and finish them off that weekend. I love the roads over that way.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to hear from you both. Looking forward to riding with you two again. Should be a fun day. J

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh man, I'm already headin out there for a photo gallery premiere on Saturday the 28th. (Anna ;) ) and will be staying overnight at Eagle Ridge comin home on Sunday afternoon. If I didn't have to bring one of the prints my wife and I own along I would be riding out there as well. Hmmmm maybe I can see if I can find a trailer to use, already have the hitch.

·
Registered
528 Posts
VIVID1 said:
Did I miss something? :confused
Nope. I just know how much you like photography and the premier is for the Images of Nature photographer (Thomas Mengleson) I told you about a few weeks ago at the PJ Willoughbys luncheon where he was going to make the special appearance.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Update - Trailer has been secured for the weekend- Wahoo!!! So that means I'll be out there with the bike. Have a room booked at Eagle Ridge for Sat. night with two queen size beds and I'm the only one using it. If anyone else is interested in heading out on Saturday PM me as I have extra space in the room.

Tom

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
So Tom. How are we going to hook up with you? Just gonna wait until we cruise by on Hwy. 20?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just tell me what time you plan on rollin into Galena, and were to meet ya. I fugure you'll be rollin past the entrance to Eagle Ridge along Rte. 20 along the way so give me an approximate time and I'll see ya there.

For those leavin from the western 'burbs. Where and when are you plannin on leavin from Sun. morning? May have another rider to hook up with you guys.
Tom

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leaving Elgin by 8am, and Freeport by (hopefully 9-930) should be in Galena by 10am. Fingers crossed. Later.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I'll see ya all at the entrance to Eagle Ridge at 10:00 Sunday morning. Won't be back on the board anymore before then. Wife's b-day tonight and leavin in the morning. If you need to get a hold of me you can try my pager (630) 314-8421. (Best bet) or I'll have my cell phone on Sunday morning (630) 728-0723. See ya out there. If anybody is still lookin at comin out Saturday my room is under my last name (Bradtke). Still have room available.

Tom

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
I'm half tempted to come out... I think most of my friends are going to Rt. 66 for the NHRA event. Personally, I'd rather go riding... the year is almost over!

I wish you guys weren't starting so freaking EARLY though!!! Last I heard, it's supposed to rain in the early morning. Will you just push it back a few hours?

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
OmniGLH said:
I'm half tempted to come out... I think most of my friends are going to Rt. 66 for the NHRA event. Personally, I'd rather go riding... the year is almost over!

I wish you guys weren't starting so freaking EARLY though!!! Last I heard, it's supposed to rain in the early morning. Will you just push it back a few hours?
As it is....we have 500-550miles and 10-12 hours of riding....if we start later.......we get home....later,colder,darker. SEE?

Later....sheesh
Brian;)

Lemme know if you need a wake up call.

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Well, see, I typically am non-functional on weekends before noon.... and I have been working 2nd and 3rd shift all week, so I haven't been going to bed until 8am. So it's gonna mess with my sleep schedule...

But I wanna go, I'm itching to ride. I'll put it in the "maybe" column :)

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
I'll be getting off work at 7 Sunday morn. If an old bastard like me can do it, so can you Omni. Come on and join us!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts