Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking we get a half dozen guys/gals to pony up $20 each and play a single elimination handicapped tournament. I have a 7 foot Valley bar box in my basement itching to be played on. I have planty of nice cues to use as well.

I'll provide the beverages and food.

Winner takes home $100, second place gets his/her money back.

We use a 5 point handicap scale with 5 being the best...

If I am a 5 and you are a 3, I have to win 5 games before you win 3....If you've gambled....'m sure you've played like this before.

I play Texas Express (tournament) rules

We can make it a regular monthly thing too....I've got TVs hanging everywhere, dart machine, bar, etc down there.

Who's in? BTW...I'm in Lombard.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I'm in. Let me know time and place.

BTW: I'm moving this to social gatherings

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
i am in, but screw the handicap crap.

put your money inthe pit and play the winner, the guy that beats them all and holds the table, WINS!

simple as that.

ITS IN THE WAY YOU USE IT......ITS COMES AND IT GOESSSSS:laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:

put your money inthe pit and play the winner, the guy that beats them all and holds the table, WINS!

simple as that.

I'll play either way, but if we get guys of all different calipers it may be more fun with the handicap. If I was the pool God, which I am not, it would be no fun to me to breeze by all challengers.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
I am so gonna wipe the table with your ass, just like at the track poser boy!!!:twofinger

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Odysseys said:

simple as that.

ITS IN THE WAY YOU USE IT......ITS COMES AND IT GOESSSSS:laughing
ken allready figuring he has a better chance at winning one game then multiple games. Boy is this gonna be easy!!:evil :evil

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ken...Im trying to make it fair for all levels of skill. But if you want to play straight up....I'll take that bet and your cash all day long. We can settle that on another day. This for all CLSBers.

Jimbo.....I'm scared :rolleyes

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
hey i dont mind loosing money, just ask my stock managment assholes:twofinger

i just thought this would be easyier is all then a bunch of rules.

if you think you can play, then annie the pot with your 20 bucks, for how ever many players.

flip a coin to see which 2 go first the next player comes up and so on untill the last 2 guys play, and the winner gets the pot.:cheers

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are the house rules

A couple important rules to make sure there are no arguments

4.1: Push Out Option After the Break (Also referred to as a Roll Out)

The player who executes a legal break and pockets a numbered ball has the option to push out (shoot the cue ball) on the first shot after the legal break. If no balls are legally pocketed on the break, the incoming player retains the option to push out.

After a legal push out, the incoming player has the option to accept the position of the cue ball and execute a shot, or pass (non-execute) the shot attempt and allow the opponent to shoot. During a push out, the player may shoot the cue ball to any area on the table by executing a legally attempted shot. There is no requirement for the cue ball to strike a numbered ball or rail or to drive any ball to a rail, and any numbered ball that is pocketed stays down. The only numbered ball to be spotted is the nine (9) ball.

A push out must be executed by means of a legally stroked shot. There is no requirement for any ball to strike a rail during a push out. Any illegal shot results in a foul, giving the incoming player cue ball-in-hand. The push out must be declared, and the player attempting the push out must receive acknowledgement from the opponent. If the player receives an acknowledgement from the opponent and executes the shot, it will be considered a legal shot. All rules pertaining to fouls shall apply, regardless of intent, final placement or path of the cue ball or struck numbered balls.

6.1: Cue Ball-in-Hand Fouls

When a player commits a foul, the opponent shall receive an inning at the table with the cue ball-in-hand (anywhere on the table). All pocketed balls stay down, except the nine (9) ball. All fouls must be declared and acknowledged before the next shot is taken. Foul calls that are not observed by the tournament director are usually decided in favor of the shooter. Players should request that the tournament director observe all potential foul situations. The tournament director reserves the right to resolve any foul situations by any means necessary and may call for a replay of the game, giving the original breaker the option to rack and break

6.7: Table Scratch

A table scratch occurs when the cue ball fails to contact any ball during the course of a shot, and results in a cue ball-in-hand foul (except during a push out or on the break

7.1: Three Consecutive Fouls

Three fouls in a row by the same player in a single game results in a win for his or her opponent. The opponent must warn the player when he or she has fouled twice, and the player must acknowledge the warning. If the opponent has not warned the player and received acknowledgement for the two fouls, and the player fouls a third time, then the player will begin his or her next inning in the same game with two fouls.

And finally....all chics must were tube tops and Ken CAN NOT WEAR HIS LUCKY WIFEBEATER UNLESS HE SHAVES HIS BACK :D
7.6: Dress Code Infraction

Any player observed by the opponent or tournament director to be in violation of the dress code shall receive a single warning from the tournament director to comply and will be granted no more than fifteen minutes to correct the infraction and return to the assigned table, ready for play. A second violation will result in a loss of game or match.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
Is this anything like ARM WRESTLING ? If so I am in!
I want to beat Ken again. ;) But if not I am still in. time and place!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
BuzByU said:
Is this anything like ARM WRESTLING ? If so I am in!
I want to beat Ken again. ;) But if not I am still in. time and place!
What????....I wasn't enough of a challenge for you.:laughing :laughing :laughing we'll see how you do on the pool table.:D :D :laughing

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I promise it will be a challenge....

nothing like Ken's arm wrestling attempt:-

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
Well glad to hear that it is more than Kens wicked attempt at arm wrestling..... I kind of like this Pool thingy... Do we use sticks and balls and everything ?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
man where are my rubber boots, the shit is so thick in here i need them just to get threw all the crap:laughing

gregg, i cast a rematch if you got the balls this time at johns house, this time, our arms will be TIED down, this way your elbows wont be above my head:twofinger
how you like them apples.
THATS IF you accept my rematch.
and this time, there is gonna be 2 REf's to make sure neither of us lift them elbows, and dont say other wise, your elbow slide off the table in which i waited for you to get it back on then it cam up like 4"inchs man.

so dont smack talk, just bring and bring it correctly BITCH!:laughing

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ken's a sore loser...:confused :nono

You should get into that world arm wrestling championship down in Springfield...I think it starts tomorrow. There was a big writeup in the Tribune the other day.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
i am not a sore loser BITCH!:laughing

and shut up you dont want non of this, or me and gregg will out you down little man:jester

gregg started the whole thing up again,
thats all.

but if he dont want to do it again thats fine with me, i can accept i lost under not regulation rules:evil

anyway its all good in my book:-

1 - 20 of 41 Posts