Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Katana 750 1993, all stock down to the exhaust....idles fine, pulls to 4 k fine, then falls on it's face......looses all power after this, and throttle is sluggish......all jets are clean......possible needle jets are in bad shape ?

·
M109R
562 Posts
bnutz24 is working on his katana try to see if together you guys can help each other out. I would try if i wasn't mechanicly challenged

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Y2KR1 said:
Have a Katana 750 1993, all stock down to the exhaust....idles fine, pulls to 4 k fine, then falls on it's face......looses all power after this, and throttle is sluggish......all jets are clean......possible needle jets are in bad shape ?
That actually sounds like the needle may be in the wrong position. Did you play with the clips on the needles?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not pop the tops, as the slides were working fine....carbs are stock, so I do not think there is adjustment besides what is stock, unless I try to shim it......I was thinking the same thing....

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Y2KR1 said:
I did not pop the tops, as the slides were working fine....carbs are stock, so I do not think there is adjustment besides what is stock, unless I try to shim it......I was thinking the same thing....
I don't know then. I'd have to check it out. Too bad I just sold those Mikuni flatslides. That would be a perfect fix:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts