Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, we hate drama right, and non of us like to see or get into an argument right? RIGHT ;)

So how does this mostly start then?

Heres my thoughts and I am sure all of you can agree. THIS IS A WEBSITE, of words of expressions. Sometimes these expressions don't come across the way we mean them when the subject is touchy for what someone says or implies its very common to misunderstand what people meant because we can't add a voice to our expression of dialog there for, we can only assume what that person meant by a few words.
NOW if someone says something rude, and you think its RUDE. then lets do this!

(THE ASK AGAIN POLICY)....thats right...ask that person AGAIN to please explain further,cause you want to double check what they are trying to imply, mean, or express or state. Before you act on it!

NOW ISN'T THAT A GREAT IDEA?

This way before we get pissed and start a bunch of drama ON THE SITE FORUMS. Everyone gets into it, from replying nasty to what you thought was rude. This way it can be cleared up better before acting on it and AVOID drama.

NOW if someone gets the ol'mighty flame attach (example words, fuck you, asshole, son of a bitch, etc, etc, etc. now that's! Reason for a complant..and report it to the moderators...or me and tony,so we my handle the matter if you wish not to be involved. and we will carry out the action that needs to be token. As well as they have broken a site rule!!!!

OR if its just a stupid comment and you already asked for that guy to explain what he meant further,and YEP its what ya though. Just a rude comment you didn't like. Well 2 things you can do,TAKE CARE OF IT OFF THE FORUMS AND TAKE IT INTO private messages. OR make a complaint about that post and the mods and me and Tony will look into it for you.

I REALLY THINK THIS WILL CUT DOWN OR ELIMINATE DRAMA on the site.

Sure we might not get along with everyone or not like a person for what ever reason. Just don't express or say rude shit to them on the site.

1 other thing,ALOT of us are close freinds in which we mess with each other and tease. Theres nothing wrong in that if the 2 guys are joking amoung them selfs. Which happen to be REALLY good buddys. So if anyone is doing this PLEASE ADRESS who that comment is for. So no one thinks its for someone else.

I hope we all can agree and start using this method to keep drama down.

P.S. THIS WAS JIMSGOFAST IDEA and what a great idea it is,thanks Jim for the suggestion.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
This is actually how most people should behave when face-to-face conflicts arise, much less written ones!

But then you have people that once it is called to their attention that people are being offended by their style will make NO effort to correct the situation.

Some of these disagreements definately get blown out of proportion and very often get worse because we do not take the time to work them out.

Welcome to group dynamics!:D We're not just a bunch of strangers, we've been around long enough to form some opinions. Some of this is just normal human nature, posturing, cliqueish, alpha dog behavior. Most of it can be avoided or reduced by remembering to respect each other and taking a little time to make sure you know what was actually being said.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Ody! Fuck you, ya bastad! :laughing

Sorry couldn't resist, I agree with what you're saying but let's face it folks most of us like to raz each other and we don't want this to get to a point where they start putting in language blockers do we? I've seen it on other sites.

Just hang out and have fun, and if you are frustrated and need to rip on someone well there is always me, or crazy. Prefferably Crazy he deserves it. :laughing

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
lovebothkats said:
Just hang out and have fun, and if you are frustrated and need to rip on someone well there is always me, or crazy. Prefferably Crazy he deserves it. :laughing
OK officail site change, Dave and Crazy are now the site whiping boys :D :D :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lovebothmen...fuck you too.

(see how this works..we know each other enough to play like this...and i directed this to him..so everyone knows its for him.)
love ya crash boy.;)

busadave.
But then you have people that once it is called to their attention that people are being offended by their style will make NO effort to correct the situation.
IF i am understanding this correctly..(example) some guy just keeps making rude comments, and that person just cant seem correct his disrespectful nature and other members it was directed to makes a complaint about it.
Then the offending member that caused the insult..will be warned to cut it out and be more productive and less rude to cause complaints...or don't post at all.
And of course..if it gets so out of hand..they will be banned.

IF i understood what you mean by that...if not please explain (but i wanted to say this anyway so everyone knows.) its all about having fun we shouldn't have to deal with bad shit when we come here to have fun..NOT argue;)
sure we deal with day to day problems...but dont bring new problems by starting them here on our website.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Go ahead I deserve it. Hit me baby...Hit me I can take it:jester :jester

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jack...since it wasnt you...i think you should let the 2 partys deal with it them selfs.;)

that was prior to this..and this is new.
you know what they say..cant change the past but can you can change the future?..i am sure you do.

so lets not throw in past issues;)

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Man I lose my temper once in the last three years and I never hear the end of it. :D :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:
Man I lose my temper once in the last three years and I never hear the end of it. :D :D
You may have had some help there. Let me know (PM) what I can do.:cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just so that there's no confusion, Moderators should adhere to the same guidelines when posting correct? And if a moderator should break one of these "rules" is he/she then banned?

Good for the Goose Good for the Gander type thing?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
HolyKaw said:
Just so that there's no confusion, Moderators should adhere to the same guidelines when posting correct? And if a moderator should break one of these "rules" is he/she then banned?

Good for the Goose Good for the Gander type thing?
That's supposed to be the case. Do you have an example in mind or is this a hypothetical question?

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the past week or so, it is my opinion, that moderators have not necessarily followed all of guidelines set forth when a member registers. New guidelines have been put into place. I'm just attempting to clarify not get banned or stir up trouble....

Are the "rules" of the board, new and old alike, applied to everyone or are moderators excluded? That's my question.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mod's members its all the same.

these rules have always been there since day 1...this ask again policy is new.

also too...ME PERSONALY i know its not easy being a moderator..there for we all are human and sometimes act pissy.
other then that...we deal with just about every member versus...a normal member just comming in and posting and leaving.

other then that like i said...if someone gets pissed about what someone else says...let that person deal with it...(its not anyones problem unless its you)
if they choose to complain about the thread then we take action.

if we see it first and feel its a flame..we handle it.

i think that should sum it up for everyone.

also too people get warnings before they are banned not just banned.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
BusaDave said:

That's supposed to be the case. Do you have an example in mind or is this a hypothetical question?
Dave, did your moderator-get-away-with-murder card get lost in the mail again?

I found an extra. I'll hand it over the next time I seeya down at the Naperville Starbucks :rofl

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Ernie said:
Dave, did your moderator-get-away-with-murder card get lost in the mail again?

I found an extra. I'll hand it over the next time I seeya down at the Naperville Starbucks :rofl
Watchya talk'n bout Willis???:D

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
HolyKaw said:
In the past week or so, it is my opinion, that moderators have not necessarily followed all of guidelines set forth when a member registers.
That being the case I'l repeat the first part of the question.

Do you have an example in mind?

Member registration is somewhat monitored by moderators but the guidelines and "enforcement" are up to the owners.

You are welcome to your opinion but this moderator can only guess what you may be referring too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts