Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few images from my accident. One of the by-standards got the pics of the bike on the side of the road after I got into the ambulance. i vaguely remember hearing someone ask me if I'd like to get some images right before I got into the ambulance.

The first pic is before the accident - so you can see the beautiful bike on one of the beautiful roads I was on. The rest are self-explanatory. The one with me in the hospital bed was about 4 days after the accident when I was in the ICU - hence the peach fuzz coming in :)

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
good to see your doing well and in good spirits! :cheers

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Wow, good thing you're healing up and in good spirits. Your poor bike. :(

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
Holy sheisse!

·
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I am still trying to figure out exactly how I got to where the bike landed..

In the first accident pic, you see the small private drive to the left the guy turned onto. Toward the right you see the direction I was heading. I was passing the guy right there before he turned left at the last second - passing right in front of me.

What it looks like is I bounced off the front left corner of the driver's car, all the impact was on my right side - hence the bike and myself having 90% of the damage on the right side of the body. Because of all the dirt I see on the right side of the bike, yet the bike is laying on its' left, I must have flipped at least once. Or, the bike must have flipped over me at least once to be on its' left like that when all of the dirt and damage are on the right. That would explain why I was about 4 feet off the bike when I was on the ground.

Must have been a spectacular scene...

EDIT: Also, the bike is facing the opposite direction I was traveling...

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
damn thats cracked up. itd be funny if you had a bunch of inappropriate shit in those busted open tail saddlebags. everyone gets to the scene and sees like a buncha rubbers, handcuffs, whip, bondage mask, and a fleshlight hangin out.

"damn those chicagolandsportbikers are freaky!"

·
PPF Installer
1,286 Posts
wow someone else took some pictures for you, thats kinda cool, but then at the same time I'm sure the mental images are a lilttle more than pleasant. Thats quite a bit of damage to the bike, the Ins isn't totaling it out?

·
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats quite a bit of damage to the bike, the Ins isn't totaling it out?
Not sure yet. Verdict is still out. The bike is new. I am guessing we'd need to have some frame damage in order for it to be totaled? I hope not. I doubt I'd get what I paid for it - although I did get a really good deal. It would be close. If they do, I am taking my Sargent seats and Givi trunk and put back on the stock seats. I will definitely get another ST if they total this one.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Not sure yet. Verdict is still out. The bike is new. I am guessing we'd need to have some frame damage in order for it to be totaled? I hope not. I doubt I'd get what I paid for it - although I did get a really good deal. It would be close. If they do, I am taking my Sargent seats and Givi trunk and put back on the stock seats. I will definitely get another ST if they total this one.

if your frame has scratches then the repair shop would request a new one.

·
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bent frame = automatic salvage bike. Expect a check from insurance.
Thought so. Not sure if that is the case, but I will soon find out.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Thought so. Not sure if that is the case, but I will soon find out.

Bent frame = automatic salvage bike. Expect a check from insurance.
yeppas, exactly.

frame is 2K

fairings are going to cost 1500+

forks need new seals etc (if not bent) 500$

headlight scratches 250$

misc foot pegs 200$

I would be SHOCKED if they say that bike is rebuildable to oem condition.

·
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It's totaled. Just got a call from Geico. I'm getting exactly what I paid for it including tax and what-not. The funny part is that they want my new trunk too! I had the Givi trunk on it for 1 day and Geico won't let me take it as it is part of what they are paying for! Crock of shit. I get to keep the Sargent seats, however. Between the trunk and the fairing extenson/pads, I'll lose about $800.00 overall. Not too bad. I already have Des Plaines looking for a new 2006 to replace it with :)

Oh, and I will lose the $2.00 for the CLSB sticker! Arggh!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts