Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... the Dakota has been replaced.

Bought fucking time. Been a money pit since it went out of warranty. Friday was the last straw. Fucking rear wheel brake cylinder popped and the front pass tire was flat when I was heading to get the new truck. Went from having to fix something every 6 months after warranty expired, to about every 2 weeks.

Back to GMC and its NOT made by the UAW clowns either (made by the CAW clowns:laughing:). Now have a full size Sierra SLE ext cab 4dr 4x4. Only issues I have with the new truck are just preferences. Radio sucks IMO, dont like the fact I have to turn the driving lights when I want them on EVERY TIME I start the truck. And I have to remember I'm not in a low slung 2wd truck when I get out. (yes I about tumbled out tonight at work):lmao:

Just need to get some tubular running boards to make it easier for my dad to get in. Some LED cargo lights under the bed rails. Rhinoline the bed. Thinking of taking the tonneau off and putting a shell on it (prefer shells anyways). And of course a BETTER RADIO.

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
so you have to turn on the DRL's manually ? They don't come on when you shift from P to D ?
That seems very odd, like they've been set to do that. I'd look into it

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
3,712 Posts
so you have to turn on the DRL's manually ? They don't come on when you shift from P to D ?
That seems very odd, like they've been set to do that. I'd look into it
The DRL are automatic, it's the fog lights that are manual and reset every time the key is turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
so you want to drive with your DRL's and fog lights on all the time?
Put a piece of black tape over the light sensor on the dash and the whole shittin works will be on all the time (except the fog lights )

·
YO MAMA
46,997 Posts
Congrats on your used 2003 pick up truck. Lol

I am sorry. But the fact you spent 12 years in one truck to buy one that's almost a decade old just makes me giggle. I don't know why but your always gonna be my cheese head ;)

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Congrats on your used 2003 pick up truck. Lol

I am sorry. But the fact you spent 12 years in one truck to buy one that's almost a decade old just makes me giggle. I don't know why but your always gonna be my cheese head ;)
Not everyone can drop $45K for a new half ton there Destro. BTW dont you have a midget to beat up on?:neener: :laughing:

DRL's are easy to get rid of. Pull the bulbs. Seems like GM is the only company that makes you manually turn the fog lights on everytime you start the truck and turn the lights on. All the Ford guys at works trucks all turn the fogs on when the parking lights and/or headlights turn on.

Also WTF is it with car manufacturers integrating things into the radio that shouldnt be? To replace the radio I have to get a module to put in the harness between the aftermarket radio and factory harness to retain teh warning chimes/bells.

Pic of it (yes its a dealer pic. Havent got time to take my own in sunlight until the weekend.

·
Boom
13,174 Posts
Seems like GM is the only company that makes you manually turn the fog lights on everytime you start the truck and turn the lights on. All the Ford guys at works trucks all turn the fogs on when the parking lights and/or headlights turn on.
Pretty sure it's not only GM, as many states make fog light use illegal, except during a fog, or limited visibility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.