Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
M109R
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike out for a quick blast and holy shit was it cold... well at least on my hands i have only thin gloves for summer and the wind goes right through those babies. While i was there i passed by the secretary of state on Mannheim rd and north ave and i noticed they put up the lines for the motorcycle license for those that are looking for a close place with shorter lines than in the city :)

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
I went out about 4:30 today. Wasnt bad at all ! good gloves and a thick leather helps ! :cheers

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
I was out Sat. afternoon. Not too bad....

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was out in naperthrill around 2:30 and it wasn't too bad out.
and everyone knows that my bike apparell is totally ghetto.:-

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I was out on Sunday for an hour around dusk and it was a little chilly. But the only thing too cold was my neck. I keep forgetting to get one of those neck warmers. :D

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
I'll tell ya what My new car has a heated steering wheel. I am now seriously thinking about getting some heated grips for the bike, it's cool as hell when your hands are almost instantly warm.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
i went out for about an hour on friday after work. it wasn't too bad. thick leather does help! i was a bit worried that my gloves would suck.....but my hands were fine!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:
I'll tell ya what My new car has a heated steering wheel. I am now seriously thinking about getting some heated grips for the bike, it's cool as hell when your hands are almost instantly warm.

You'll need then when it drops below 80 Tony. :laughing :laughing J/K Brobill's got some if you want to check them out I'm sure he'll let ya.;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions on good winter riding gloves? I put on a little over 200 miles on Saturday, and the only thing that was bothering me was my hands. Links or dealers would help too. Thanks,

Lance

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Your hands and feet get cold first because your body cuts off blood flow to them to keep the warm blood in your torso. Wear enough clothes to keep your chest cavity warm and your hands won't get cold. It was 37deg. when I left for work this morning and I wasn't cold. But I could barely bend my arms enough to buckle my helmet.:laughing

·
M109R
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually my feet were ok i had boots on but it was mostly my hands and depending on where the wind was going i would get a really cold wind sneaking in between the helmet and the neck od the jacket.

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
My hands were OK - and I had an extra sweatshirt on, so my upper body was OK, too. But the legs get cold! Gotta break out the long underwear!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts