1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
yes i too love those inflatable couches!!:thumbsup

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
tire warmers are supposed to keep the tires at a running temp, that way you do not have to worry bout cold tires on the track.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Cute little 125 stroker you found there.

Tire warmers also have the added benefit of reducing the effects of heat cycles on the tires since the tires never completely cool off.

I have my eye on a cute little Honda generator I saw at the local dealer. 1000 Watts. Just big enough to power a set of warmers yet small enough you can toss it in your trunk. The thing is only about 30-40 lbs. I figure almost $1000 for a set of warmers and the generator. I'll put it on my '04 capital spending proposal (winter wish list) and submit it by senior management by Q4, 2003. My '03 budget is already committed. :D :rolleyes :p

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Looks like a pocket bike :D :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
Be careful with only 1000 watts of power. Most tire warmers require more than that to run.

The one's from Baker Race Gear don't need as much power.

Baker Race Gear

I did a little work with them on their warmers, but honestly, they have done a lot of good work.

Check 'em out.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Tire warmers... (good morning, Dave!)

Given that historically I have not as hard on my tires as most, would having tire warmers shorten the life span of my rubber by "cooking" the softness out of them?

When using tire warmers, how long/often should they be turned on?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Depends upon the tire. You use Michelin's, right? Then seem to need it the most. An easy 40 minutes before a race.

I use my all the time if I can. Why go out for a street ride; when I practice, I need to have the bike working at a race pace so I can see what will go wrong at speed...sliding, wallowing, chatter. Anything less and I put myself and others in danger trying to ride something faster than I have ridden it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Tire warmers and generators????

Lets get back on topic....

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RACEBIKE PHOZED!!!!!!!:cheers :cheers

I'm sure I'll be getting very familiar with it..... while I help push start it LMAO :rolleyes :laughing

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RACEBIKE PHOZED!!!!!!!
(light going on inside my little brane)
OOOH!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:cheers Okay, so I'm clueless. ($!)*$ peroxide poisoning...

Getting back :eek:t - I've got the H2's, front and rear.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
You bought that Phozed? Sweet!!! I've been wanting an rs250 for a while now. Of course after I bought the gixxer I found one for $5,500 if I would've seen that before I probably would've bought it.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I've had this burning desire to ride an RS250 ever since I first saw 'em.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks all! The bike is in Canada and the seller has to take some team photos with the bike before I pick it up so it will be a few weeks until I get it.

The bike's current owner podium finishes the thing a lot and he's done a 1.24.9 at Grattan with it, so again, I can't use the bike as an excuse for my slow ass times :laughing

Mark - push start? What do you mean? Is the electric starter broken? I'll just use the horn when, oh wait... yay a PROPER racebike for a hack :)

Anyways, it's a 95 rs125 with heaps of the right spares in great shape - now I just need to wait for spring... doh :(

p.s.
Dave I'd love a 250 but the maintance costs are roughly double of the 125.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
btw - I'm not sure what color it is now - here's another pic:

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Why is the 125 cheaper to maintain?

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Very nice! Congrats!

now I just need to wait for spring... doh
I think I've talked to about 20 people that keep saying we should head to Florida or somewhere south this winter for a track day. :)

We should plan something.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Jack said:
Very nice! Congrats!

I think I've talked to about 20 people that keep saying we should head to Florida or somewhere south this winter for a track day. :)

We should plan something.
already in the works, will pm details to those who want when finalized.

by the way steve way cool!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts