Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep it was my first time. Had a nice little ride up with Ody and Road. Had a good time. Nice to meet some new people from the board.:cheers

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice seeing everybody!

Sorry I ended up skipping out on the planetarium bit. I really wanted to do that too. I couldn't see shit w/ the yellow-tinted glasses on because my eyes were watering and bits of gravel/sand were getting in my eyes. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't fun either. But I stuck it out until I lost my left contact. Then I decided to cut it short.

I really need to get that damn helmet back. The dark tinted visor is way too dark for night time and as if the helmet's peripheral vision wasn't bad enough, then I put on those glasses and it cuts it down even more.

Anyway, enough bitching:D

I will have pics to post of Ken's new ride and unfortunately the pics of his new bitch didn't turn out:(

Doc

·
Registered
227 Posts
That was fun. I cut it short after the planetarium downtown. I was kinda tired riding home so it was a good time to head back. I feel kinda weird on that shadow anyways. I'm ok by myself by feel a bit underpowered in the group :D

Hope you guys had a good time, wherever you wound up.....

It was cool seeing everyone. I think Jack started an RC51 craze :D Could never picture Kevin without the Ducati. The new toy kicks but though.

I didn't care that Strat's was dead. Kinda nice, no parking problems and plenty of outdoor seating. Tuesdays are more exciting though.....

Oh, and Fred, WEAR A FUCKING HELMET buddy!!! It's nice that you wanna take it easy and not do crazy shit on a sportbike, but the helmetless part kinda kills any safety gained by riding that cruiser. Nice bike BTW :D Very sweet looking. Get a custom Arai to match the paint and you're ready to go :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I actually saw that sexy R1 of yours heading down Weber road. Sorry guys....I've got a problem with my car I had to take it in last night so I couldn't go .:(

·
Premium Member
45,955 Posts
I wish I could have ben there. I was looking forward to the unvieling of Freds bike :D :D

Sorry guys I had a fly ot two get into the garbage can in my garage and produce thousadnds opf maggots. I had to empyt out my entire garage into the front lawn and hose it out.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
good to see everyone. I will post some of the pics in a day or two after i download them. I read the camera manual last night after i got home. i wish had read it earlier. I should have had the camera in manual mode which lets me adjust shutter speed and aperture. I think a shutter speed of 8seconds ought to do the trick. hahahha!!

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I will have pics to post of Ken's new ride
Ken definitely fit nice on that cruiser.

Yeh I too thought the helmetless Fred on the cruiser vs the full gear Fred on the R1 was a bit silly.

Good seeing everyone....

Chris....your bud (or friend of bud) on the R1 was my entertainment for the night. I kept my distance from him.

You missed the 100mph, get off your bike and walk down 290 move. Not even counting the hundred attempted wheelies and rolling burnouts.

Strobe this...strobe that...helmet strobes (first wear your helmet)....man I need more strobes.

BLING! BLING!

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
GsxrTony said:
I wish I could have ben there. I was looking forward to the unvieling of Freds bike :D :D

Sorry guys I had a fly ot two get into the garbage can in my garage and produce thousadnds opf maggots. I had to empyt out my entire garage into the front lawn and hose it out.
Tony, couldn't you have just said.. "had stuff to take care of around the house" ? That visual.. icky. :laughing

I would like to get to one of these this summer. Maybe next week.

:eek:t
The new roomate moved in last night. Had to make some room in the garage. Also cleaned the bike a bit, finally got rid of the warning stickers and put the tankbag back on. Discovered that one of my seat bolts was missing :mad The guys at the local dealership must think I'm goofy since I'm ALWAYS asking for the stupidest shit. Shifters, seat bolts, parts for an '83 Maxim750. At least they are cool about it. They hold their giggling and smart comments until I leave! :laughing

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
last night was nice....I'm glad I came. Got to test out my tinted visor and it works fairly well at night believe it or not. :p

Fred: very nice cruiser, but um....helmet please. Baby is due very, very soon. :p :p :helmet

Terminator: nice meeting you

Everyone glad seeing all of you again, sort of sad I missed all the others but I'm glad I came out last night. :)

The camera I was using wasn't digital so you guys won't be able to see the photos I took, sorry.

Two cool RC51's, I gotta ride one of those someday. :thumbsup Honda's kick a$$! :thumbsup

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New V-star: $15,000

Gas: $7:00

Food at Strats: $5

Seeing Ken ride Bitch: Priceless

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
Vcook said:
good to see everyone. I will post some of the pics in a day or two after i download them. I read the camera manual last night after i got home. i wish had read it earlier. I should have had the camera in manual mode which lets me adjust shutter speed and aperture. I think a shutter speed of 8seconds ought to do the trick. hahahha!!
We may just have to take another jaunt down there:p

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm down for another ride down there...just wait until I get my other helmet fixed;)

Doc

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kruz said:

Did he buy two?

I would think you can pick this bike up $7000 OTD this time of year.
I have no idea how much they are. I just threw out a random number.:p

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Kruz said:
Hey Terminator....
Were you the helmetless wonder on the strobed out R1?

:laughing
no, that was John. He is a friend of my friend Chris. Terminator was at strats but had to take off before our ride.

·
Banned
5,923 Posts
Vcook said:

no, that was John. He is a friend of my friend Chris. Terminator was at strats but had to take off before our ride.
Thank John for his side saddling at 60 mph...it was squidilicious!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts