Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a commercial for an Airvest on Speed channel. Any one seen this? I thought it was a joke at first but the site really exists.[www.airvest.com][/URL]

I would think if I wanted anything to inflate it would be a neck brace.

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
There are actually lawmakers who would like this to be mandatory equipment. Another proposal is an airbag in the triple clamp area.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Your shitting me? WTF?? The reason we have so many bad drivers on the road, is cars have become so safe that really bad drivers now survive the assident, instead of removing their genes from already way to polluted gene pool!! God I love America.

Rick:bs

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
12RPilot said:
There are actually lawmakers who would like this to be mandatory equipment. Another proposal is an airbag in the triple clamp area.
An airbag in the triple clamp????:confused Wouldn't that simply knock you off the bike?

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
BusaDave said:

An airbag in the triple clamp????:confused Wouldn't that simply knock you off the bike?
I was thinking the same thing. No one ever said lawmakers were smart.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
i have a design i made up, that i think would eliminate most all injuries to a cyclist and keep the same lean angle you would on a bike, plus me more aerodynamic

·
Registered
657 Posts
A couple of years ago, at one of the motorcycle shows, the AMA had a bike all decked out with all the ridiculous ideas that lawmakers have proposed over the years. I think it had a seat belt, an air bag, some kind of hard styrafoam on the sides, and some other items that I don't recall, all being, of course to protect us as riders.
The idea being, of course, to join AMA, because they are our advocate and fight all these stupid ideas and issues that affect us, as bikers. If you really want to see stupidity in action, join the AMA, get their magazine, and read about all the idiotic legislation that these assholes in Washington, and at a State level propose. Some of these proposals defy logic.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
ive seen the pics of the vest in the mags. Nice idea, Just don't know how effective it really is.

·
Special Agent Lance Boyle
6,704 Posts
Nice idea, Just don't know how effective it really is.
I would think you would have to totally bail for it to inflate in time, if you low side I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be effective.

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ceptor said:
The idea being, of course, to join AMA, because they are our advocate and fight all these stupid ideas and issues that affect us, as bikers.
Been a member for 14 years,as we all should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts