Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in doing the racer school? I'm thinking about signing up on the waiting list for the Toledo Ohio dates November 17th and 18th. There is also a tentative date on the 19th and 20th. There are a whole bunch of other dates on the calender but we would have to fly either to California or Colorado. If we can get a few people interested I'm game for that. Then there is always the Springfield Mile dates Memorial Day weekend 2008.

$625 bucks for a 2 day school that will only make you a better/faster motorcycle rider/racer. This class is good for anyone who is a street rider, track day junky, road racer, flat tracker, dirt biker or whatever kind of rider.

Check it: http://www.americansupercamp.com/camps.shtml

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
That school is totally awesome! I took it last January as an intro to the dirtbike/flattrack - never ridden one before. It was amazing. Surely, I was one of the slowest guys there since almost everyone had a LOT of prior experience including racing and many people were taking repeat classes, but I still had a blast. Highly recommended, the best $600 I've ever spent on motorcycle-related things.

EDIT: Damn, Christ Carr was one of the instructors during my second day there... If the name doesn't ring a bell, google it.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea man, all I have heard about the school are good things. I hear the racer school can get pretty intense. I'm looking forward to it and I really want to be competitive this coming year as an expert racer in CCS.

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
This is one school I have been dieing to go to. I would like to do it when it rolls around here again. This month is out for me since i have my kids that weekend. Count me in for the one in springfield.

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is one school I have been dieing to go to. I would like to do it when it rolls around here again. This month is out for me since i have my kids that weekend. Count me in for the one in springfield.
If I don't end up going this winter I'm signing up way before hand for that Sprinfield date. Being that it's the mile weekend it will sell out. We can make a stupid asshole party weekend out of it Steve. :cheers:

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
IF the racer school is anything like the regular school (and from what I understand it is the same, just faster), prepare to do some push ups :laughing:

·
Resident Slow guy
6,770 Posts
I'm not going to the one in a few weeks but I might do the one in Springfield

Supercamp rocks.

·
Registered
875 Posts
It's a good gig. :biker2: If I had extra money, I'd go again.

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
Oh shit, they are gonna have it about 21 miles away from me in April!! If I get back to US by than, I'm so fuckin doin it!

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
If I don't end up going this winter I'm signing up way before hand for that Sprinfield date. Being that it's the mile weekend it will sell out. We can make a stupid asshole party weekend out of it Steve. :cheers:
Sliding dirtbikes and asshole parties? Where do I sign up? :laughing:

·
Resident Slow guy
6,770 Posts
cool supercamp vid.
http://www.americansupercamp.com/video/supercamp1.mov

When I went there with Bladerunner, Chris Carr and Johnny Murphree were riding with us most of the day, next day around noon we went out to watch the race they got I think 2nd and 3rd during the main at the springfield mile.... afterwards, back to banging bars with us.

Expensive but an awesome thing to do.

Hmmm, Holiday season is coming, I think its time for my subtle planting supercamp brochures around the house :D

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can anyone sign up or do you have to be a "racer" :laughing:

I'm down for next year ... either Springfield or I'd be willing to go out to Cali :D
You have to be a "racer". You can't come, nope! not allowed. Please leave. :jester :twofinger

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Awesome class!!!
I had Josh Hayes as an instructor.
Here's my leg post ride.Yes the black goes all the way around.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
can anyone sign up or do you have to be a "racer" :laughing:

I'm down for next year ... either Springfield or I'd be willing to go out to Cali :D
The racer school is the same as the non-racer, just more emphasis on improving. If he sees you can push the bike further, he'll raze you to do it.

I went a couple years ago, in Springfield. It was an awesome school.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Did it at the State Fairgrounds in Harrington, DE 3 years ago.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
You have to be a "racer". You can't come, nope! not allowed. Please leave. :jester :twofinger
:flip
The racer camp applies if you are a street rider wanting to be a road racer, an amateur or expert road racer, amateur dirt tracker, expert dirt tracker, a guy that wants to get into flat track (racing), any type of motocrosser whatsoever - it doesn't matter.
:flip

:robewizar

but I don't want to go with you anyway so hmpf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts