Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinking of buying a thermo snow suit, and some heavy duty polar gloves to keep me warm.

been alos wondering if i should get 1 big enough so i can wear my suit under it..or atleast my amor jacket.:laughing
i am big enough but can you imagine what i would look like with all that on?..lol

well hopfully i would be able to stay warm.

what do you guys think?
(snow suit) not a bad idea huh?

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
I thought about one of those Bohn Armor shirts under my Carharts. The armor would be good under a t-shirt in the summer, too. I've gone down to 37deg so far without getting cold on a short ride.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think you should get one of those huge space-suit-like snow suits we wore when we were kids. With huge snowpants and big moon boots to keep your feet warm :)... haha...

Honestly though I was thinking the same thing after the ride Saturday... I had a great time but even with 2 layers and a lined jacket I was shivering like a... well like whatever shivers a lot.

The jacket fits so snugly that I doubt I'd be able to shove a fleece or something under there...

Maybe that electric clothing is the way to do... I can't help but be a little nervous about wiring myself up though ;)...

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Snowmobile suit would work fine... just make sure you've got enough room to layer underneath. The Bohn "undershirt" is a great idea as well.

And the baddest, warmest gloves or mittens you can find. I have a pair of leather snowmobile mittens... they're about 25 years old but still block wind quite nicely.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
I was just at Sportmart and they have a great sale on the pants and bibs. Regular $80.00 on sale for $39. Wind proof/waterproof and breathable. Just my .02

·
-= OuterSpace =-
3,513 Posts
Problem solved - Wear a 7-9mm wetsuit under your regular clothes. You'll be real warm. You might walk a little stiff though :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
OldSkoolMC said:
Problem solved - Wear a 7-9mm wetsuit under your regular clothes. You'll be real warm. You might walk a little stiff though :D
Hahaha... :rofl

That's almost as good of an idea as my moon-suit snowsuit idea.

Does anyone know if any dealers here in chicago actually stock the electrically heated jackets/gloves/pants/etc?

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie750SS said:

Hahaha... :rofl

That's almost as good of an idea as my moon-suit snowsuit idea.

Does anyone know if any dealers here in chicago actually stock the electrically heated jackets/gloves/pants/etc?
I've heard some of the guys have heated vests. Some also have heated hand grips. Between that and a good head sock you should be nice and toasty in almost any weather round here.

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
Stydie750SS said:
[B

The jacket fits so snugly that I doubt I'd be able to shove a fleece or something under there...

I managed to get my jacket on with a fleece under it...but I couldn't bend my arms to bucklethe helmet without unzipping the jacket.

:rolleyes :laughing

·
Registered
899 Posts
bluebusa60544 said:

I managed to get my jacket on with a fleece under it...but I couldn't bend my arms to bucklethe helmet without unzipping the jacket.

:rolleyes :laughing
Hahahahaaa:rofl

that's awesome

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
just make it a white suit "Michellin Man" :D

·
Banned
1,877 Posts
For you NON snowmobile fans out there....they do make bibs and jackets in leather for snowmobiling. You stay pretty warm at sub zero temps at 90+mph. ;)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
taziscool said:
For you NON snowmobile fans out there....they do make bibs and jackets in leather for snowmobiling. You stay pretty warm at sub zero temps at 90+mph. ;)
That stuff is great. Sometimes stay too warm.:D

·
Registered
899 Posts
taziscool said:
:rofl

I would like to see a bunch of guys rolling up on sportbikes wearing snowmobile suits :)

Why not just layer nicely, put your liner in your jacket, throw your balacava on, and ride :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie750SS said:

:rofl

I would like to see a bunch of guys rolling up on sportbikes wearing snowmobile suits :)

Why not just layer nicely, put your liner in your jacket, throw your balacava on, and ride :D
Go to the toys for tots ride, I'm sure you'll see it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Crazy said:

Go to the toys for tots ride, I'm sure you'll see it.
Oh yeah when is that. Does anyone from the group do that?

I want to wear a santa suit.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Stydie750SS said:

Oh yeah when is that. Does anyone from the group do that?

I want to wear a santa suit.
In December. I think the CSBA guys are rolling down there if you want to join us.

;)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Crazy said:

In December. I think the CSBA guys are rolling down there if you want to join us.

;)
But of course. I've been whining and bitching about getting to ride with y'all more

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
The 25th annual Toys for Tots ride will be held on Sunday morning, December 1. Starts at the Dan Ryan Woods forest preserve on S. Western Avenue and ends up at the Marine Corps Reserve facility on W. Foster Avenue. Go early.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts