1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Joe Momma...
3,822 Posts
Why would they do that though? They're only screwing themselves on a sell.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to figure that one out to tho the guy who was bidding on it retracted his bids

·
Puppy Love!
3,462 Posts
Yeah, they're stupid. That phone isn't going to sell.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get the feeling its some kind of scam

·
Joe Momma...
3,822 Posts
Only thing I can think is that they're trying to show one with a high price so the other "lower" priced onces seem like a deal?

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
This is classic bid shilling. Seller wants to drive up the price of the item for fear that it will sell too cheap. Seller would rather not sell then sell the item away to the highest bidder. This only works if you can spark a bidding war.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
You see this happening all the time. Seller doesn't want to pay higher E-bay fees for larger starting price. You get more hits if the price is lower. People will add it to their watch list and try to snipe at the end. Seller uses a proxy to bid up and find out how hi the hi bidder bid, withdraw his bid and bid again just under high bidder.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts

·
Joe Momma...
3,822 Posts
You see this happening all the time. Seller doesn't want to pay higher E-bay fees for larger starting price. You get more hits if the price is lower. People will add it to their watch list and try to snipe at the end. Seller uses a proxy to bid up and find out how hi the hi bidder bid, withdraw his bid and bid again just under high bidder.
Wow Ebay allows a user to do that? I never knew you could retract a bid.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts