Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather for Sunday is looking great for late August, I have no family plans for Sunday, I finish my summer class on Thursday (Marketing Research...BOOOORING!) and I need to ride!!!

I would be willing to tag along on a LITH ride if someone is willing to meet at Caribou and get us out to the course? Or maybe a LITH meeting and head north toward WI?

I feel the need.....someone help!

G

·
I am off on Sunday.. I wouldnt mind a northerly directional ride..

Wont do the Route in LITH but could be picked up on the way north. Rememeber I am a slow wider.. ass is so wide need that sign wide load make a hole..

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Sunday's Magic 8-Ball says, "Go noth and west!"

Pester Jim, he's had all week off and it's rained, so he's probably going to be aching to ride!
Ciao,
Lupi

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
im watching this thread, i havent been back there in a while, i am itching for a ride. ill keep an eye on this:D

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
I might be up for the long distance cruise on Sunday.

I need to dial in my new shock. I think the whole ride up there give sme everything from sharp bumps (pot holes), washboard (294 around Hinsdale Oasis), and a mix of everything else.

G

·
HooliganZX10 said:
Why wont you do the LITH ride Ronny?:confused
1. I ride slow
2. I said I wouldnt ride it again
3. I might not catch anyone in the twisties but watch out for me when I hit a streight stretch.
4. Cause I wont..

Now Quit being a lil bitch Tommy and come up for a quiet ride..

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Im hungry for a ride too. Will play Sunday by ear.

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
gulpacoke said:

1. I ride slow
2. I said I wouldnt ride it again
3. I might not catch anyone in the twisties but watch out for me when I hit a streight stretch.
4. Cause I wont..

Now Quit being a lil bitch Tommy and come up for a quiet ride..

So any real particular reason?

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Damnit, what to do..

If I'm up for it I'll call Rob or Jim up. I'm in Milwaukee this weekend, but a friend is working at Blackhawk farms as a cornerworker and I'd like to see him. Well, I think he just wants to test ride the SV. I've already warned him that if he rides the SV, his Kat may be trade in fodder!

I'm up in Milwaukee for a wedding and reception. The reception has an open bar. Odds of me being hungover are pretty high. I might not be able to do either.. :cheers

If it starts later in the morning or afternoon I may be good..

Chris

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JimGoFast said:
im watching this thread, i havent been back there in a while, i am itching for a ride. ill keep an eye on this:D
C'mon Jim! Coffee's on me at Caribou for the leader. (I know, cheap bribe, but I have to pay for tuition at DePaul.) I've been out to LITH 4 times now but I still don't know the route. I spend to much time learning and concentrating on my riding. LITH or no LITH, let go somewhere on Sunday. Weather is still looking veddy veddy nice!

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
favorednation said:

C'mon Jim! Coffee's on me at Caribou for the leader. (I know, cheap bribe, but I have to pay for tuition at DePaul.) I've been out to LITH 4 times now but I still don't know the route. I spend to much time learning and concentrating on my riding. LITH or no LITH, let go somewhere on Sunday. Weather is still looking veddy veddy nice!
I know the route pretty well. With some written drections for a couple of the turns that look the same, I wouldn't have any problem leading it. I've run it at least 10 times. But if I lead it, it won't be crazy fast, but it won't be slow either. But I will wait up.

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
If the weather breaks and you give me a little time to sleep one off, I'd be willing to head up there and see what all the LITH hype is about (or WI for that matter). I'd need some destructions up to Caribou though.

I'll check back to see what y'all decide.

If any other city-folk get the itch and wanna head up there together look me up.

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Caribou: 7:30am Kickstands up 8:00am at the latest.

Ahh just like the good old days.

This also gives eveyone a chance to run the route more than once if they choose!
Ciao,
Lupi

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Count me out on that one. If something happens later in the day I may make it. By 7:30?? Hell, I'll be lucky if I'm sober by then! Best of luck with the eye candy ;) Lupi's mentioned that it's better at 7:30 than it is at 11..

:eek:t
I think my buddy has an 11am flight in Milwaukee, so I can't get down here until 11:30 at the earliest. Then, if I'm not too hungover I'll consider riding. But I'll be at a wedding reception with open bar and virtually no women (bride doesn't have too many friends), so I'll probably be hitting the bar hard. :cheers

Chris

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
7 stinkin 30 am?! For real? :(

That sounds dangerously early to me given the close proximity to Saturday night, but on the off chance I'm moving around at that hour, could someone send me the rough address to Caribou?

I'd still like to keep the option open. If I'm not there when you all take off, no love lost.

Right on.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Lupi said:
Caribou: 7:30am Kickstands up 8:00am at the latest.

Ahh just like the good old days.

This also gives eveyone a chance to run the route more than once if they choose!
Ciao,
Lupi
Ohhhh F*** me your killing me here. So if I leave my house by 6AM... on a SUNDAY... i can get there by 7:30.

Can we reconsider this tiem a little. This would be kind of early even if I lived 2 miles away...ummm like you do... not 100 like me.

Maybe I'll show up for the second lap around 10AM. Or if you give me route directions, I can start 30 minutes behind you and catch up by the end. :rolleyes :D

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would like to meet up for this one as well. Unfortunately I don't get off work until 7 a.m. Sunday morning. Could we make it for sometime between 9:00 & 10:00 a.m instead?

Tom

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
How about we let Lupi show up at 7:30AM and the rest of us will sleep in and show up around 9AM, stands up by 9:30. Sound better???

Lupi or Jim, could you PM me the route directions and where Caribou is located I always forget. Is it on Algonquin just West of Randall Road???

1 - 20 of 38 Posts