Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am running low and need a refill...looking for UMC 9mm 124 grain.

cant seem to find any site doing searchs:mad

anyone got some favorite sites?:thumbsup

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
There's a gun show in St. charles once a month. I've found it's the absolute cheapest way to buy ammo.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heyyyyy find out when the next time is...i would like to go check that out.

they got a link?, a #, an address?:jester

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
heyyyyy find out when the next time is...i would like to go check that out.

they got a link?, a #, an address?:jester
OK, just found out they're closed for the season. Next show is in September. I'll let you know when it comes up

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Your welcome,

I got a scope from there dirt cheap for the 30 .06. They were quick about shipping it too.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Ken...let me know if you want to order some ammo together.... I need 1000 rounds 9mm and at least 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 rifle ammo. We'll split shipping. Hey when we going shooting...I'm free this Saturday morning.... :evil

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to late bro...i already ordered it this morning. 1000 rounds. not bad 170.19

i like the UMC (remington) it flows smooth threw my piece...more snug nose and better porting action...i highly recommend it

besides they ship on the dollar amount...the cheaper the money order the less it is to ship.
why i dunno but it works i guess?

hummm...maybe...just maybe...i dont think ill get this ammo by then...so maybe the week after?

ive been threw 3000 rounds since ive gotten this brigadier.
and my marksmen ship is getting PRETTY damm good...muahahahaha:evil

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Alright ? here...
The 9mm prices don't seem that cheap. I mean I was buying 50rd boxes of 9mm full metal jacket for $7-9 at Walmart and Sports Authority.

Cheaperthandirt is allover the board on prices. Do you really need premium ammo for target practice?

Can someone explain the difference between the 4 Remington UMC 9mms

And what are the basics of ammo construction....?

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I'm pretty sharp with the Beretta....I'll be up for that. The handgun just doesn't seem to be as exciting with the new toys...especially at the Buffalo range. :evil

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, as far as pricing...I haven't found a good place yet ...what I can saw is....i was buying this same ammo at ..mega sports and else where...around the same fucken price:mad 10-11 bucks a 50 round box.

the best place ive been getting is mega at 9.99 and he wont deal for a case or 2:mad

but this cheaper then dirt is pretty cheap. 20 box's come out to be 8.50..not bad in my eyes.

Some jackets are corrosive...I like using good ammo....and target or not (for me) its all about the shot...not just shooting.

As far as bullet heads goes. This is what ive found in my piece.

Winchester sucks...its sticky powder..and leaves TONS of remnants head is alittle long...ive noticed the recoil..a micro touch slower.

PMC...is nothing but garbage..the jacket causes some jams not to bad though on clean up

Federal...NICE AMMO but to much for practicing.

UMC...smaller tip roundage, promotes faster porting, and faster recoil for rapid shooting, not to bad on clean up, jackets are nicely done and ejection is flawless.

Those are just some of the stuff ive been shooting.

on the brigadier..the umc agrees with it..the heavier slide and faster recoil from the more snub heads give it a GREAT action.

Now..for a regular beretta...I bet it kicks ass.

i might be going for a NICE piece here pretty soon.;)

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I'll have to bring the Saiga12 too....12 gauge semi-auto shotgun...looks just like the AK-47. Perfect for home security. ;

I'm looking to sell it cheap...I have not even shot it yet.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
67889 Remington L9MM1 UMC CenterfirePistol/Revolver Cartridges, 9mm Luger, 115 Grains, Jacketed Hollow Point, 50 Rounds Per Box, 10 Boxes per Case 382
$10.71

67898 Remington L9MM2 UMC CenterfirePistol/Revolver Cartridges, 9mm Luger, 124 Grains, Metallic Cartridge, 50 Rounds Per Box, 10 Boxes per Case 888
$7.76

66943 Remington L9MM3 UMC Centerfire Pistol/Revolver Cartridges, 9MM Luger, 115 Grains, Metal Case, 50 Rounds Per Box, 10 Boxes Per Case 999
$6.82

67899 Remington L9MM9 UMC CenterfirePistol/Revolver Cartridges, 9mm Luger, 147 Grains, Metallic Cartridge, 50 Rounds Per Box, 10 Boxes per Case

i dont get what you dont under stand john?

the 1st one is light weight, fast flying 115 grans with hollow point..usualy 115 over penatrats there for th hollow point makes a nice hole, combind with speed and hollow point makes a nice hole in someones ass (not needed for pratice)

2nd just your standerd normal 124 grain head...all around nice hitter.

3rd is just you normal light wieght 115 grain...shooting this bullet will get you memory reflex primes for this grain..so when you shoot your man killers you reflexs are heightened for 115 grain ( its a faster traveling bullete)

4. your heavy hitting 147 grain, heavy bulllet packs more punch at close range without over penatraing to much like a 115-124.

not for far shooting.

hope i helped..and yeah i am sure i didnt spell everything correct:twofinger

1 - 20 of 41 Posts