Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a website (two of them actually) that are posted up and for some reason, one visitor claims they cannot view the sites on her Mac with Core 2 Duo chip.

So, if anyone on here has one, please PM me and I"ll give you the two URLS to view (they're work safe).

thanks in advance,

signed, frustrated XP Pro Web Developer. :)

·
Administrator
1,713 Posts
I'm sure she would be up to date on IE, you know, all the way up to 5.2.3 :laughing:

oh, and +1 on it not being her cpu

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
Are you inferring that the Mac user is running Windows or Mac OS?

The platform and version of browser is the what you need to know.

·
The Champ
205 Posts
If you're a pron webmaster please feel free to post up the links:blue-girl-honda:

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's running Safari. I've sent her five of my client sites and she can view them all just fine. However, one of my client servers has two domains and it 'times out' for her. So, before I tell her that she's a moron, I want to VERIFY that its not my server.

Sorry guys, not pron, but no need to publicize this.

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she also has a mac with PowerPC and can view the sites fine.

I'm thinking its either a DNS issue or a router issue.

But, since she can see all other sites fine, I'm a bit stumped. Especially since she's getting 'server timeouts' on her Safari browser.

This is a privately owned server, managed by the client, with two separate URLS running on IIS W2K3.

thanks guys.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
she also has a mac with PowerPC and can view the sites fine.

I'm thinking its either a DNS issue or a router issue.

But, since she can see all other sites fine, I'm a bit stumped. Especially since she's getting 'server timeouts' on her Safari browser.

This is a privately owned server, managed by the client, with two separate URLS running on IIS W2K3.

thanks guys.
Have her ensure her proxy settings are identical on both machines.

System Preferences --> Network --> (configure) --> Proxies

Or, in Safari: Safari-->Preferences -->Advanced Tab--> Proxies {change settings} will invoke a script that will do the above and take her to the proper place in the system preferences.

If no change is needed, I would see if her machines are using the same DNS servers, and as already stated, try using the ip address of the server instead of the domain name in the url.

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts