Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since I sold my Harbor Freight stands. They were never pretty but they never let me down. Fast forward and I'm wondering if PitBull stands are still the status quo, or if the new roll on/in stuff is worth a look for garage duty?

Further info: I do NOT plan on working on the bike beyond general maintenance and oil changes so front wheel/fork suspension is optional. I do NOT plan on needing something that could be used in a trailer at some point.

I DO want something more than the kickstand to keep it upright and stable in the garage in case my 3 year old gets curious.

Discuss

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
What bike do you have that needs standing?

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Therein lies the genius in my plan. I get the stands first, then when Mrs. Underdog gets sick of tripping over them in the garage I can be all like, "yeah, I should probably put a bike on there so that they serve a purpose and will be easier to see etc"

·
32,753 Posts
Therein lies the genius in my plan. I get the stands first, then when Mrs. Underdog gets sick of tripping over them in the garage I can be all like, "yeah, I should probably put a bike on there so that they serve a purpose and will be easier to see etc"

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
The new pit bull stands have removable handles so you can put the bike on the stands and remove the handles so you do not trip on them.

·
Go ahead, I'll catch up
1,230 Posts
Well played. I have used Pit Bull and Harbor Freight. The PB are definitely better and more solid but, the HF do work.

Take care and ride safe,
Brian

·
1,322 Posts
Hum, I need some room in the garage......You can put the bike and the stands in the way together...

Then You can say Honey there not mine, Yet just want to see if you like them...

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
:lmao::bow

i got this and its solidly built. nothing fancy, but definitely serves its purpose. you can push the handle in after lifting the bike so no one trips over it.

http://www.cyclegear.com/TRACKSIDE-Rear-Paddock-Stand

·
PIKUACH NEFESH
6,900 Posts
why is your wife in the garage ?

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to post in a motorcycle related thread...

Also, Udog, let me know how this plan shakes out. I may get the how-to book when it hits the shelves.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
PitBull Stands were the best, and they have done a few new things to make them even better. I have too many of them if you know anyone that needs them. I think I have 5-6 sets and have already sold a couple of sets.

·
Registered
852 Posts
PitBull Stands were the best, and they have done a few new things to make them even better. I have too many of them if you know anyone that needs them. I think I have 5-6 sets and have already sold a couple of sets.
I could use another set, willing to ship?? PM pending with email address (I'm barely on here)

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
I could use another set, willing to ship?? PM pending with email address (I'm barely on here)
+1

Twice I've made the mistake of buying stands that weren't Pitbull. The cheaper ones worked, and haven't failed catastrophically. That said, they've been shakier than Pitbulls to the point where I wish I'd spent the extra few bucks, have a little easier user experience, and not have to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As a follow up - I picked up Vcook's front and rear Pitbulls and - once I figured out the trick on the front stand - have been very happy with them! Much more solid than my old Harbor Freight setup.

Now that I have the storage solution sorted out - I can concentrate on learning how to ride again. Amazing what a decade or so off the street can do to the senses.

·
32,753 Posts
I think the real win of this thread is the above Rob Esq sighting.........WOW

·
32,753 Posts
I see a white square homie..............somethings never change

Reactions: Sticky
1 - 20 of 33 Posts