Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Your Cigar Aficionado
7,065 Posts
"Large capacity ammunition feeding device" is the terminology reference.

This document is an amendment to a pre-existing ordnance. You'll have to dig that documentation up, to find what the law declares there. This document does not contain that information.

· Rex Banner
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, I forgot to add that link. oops.

I thought it was 10 but I found it again and it is 15. Which means that the 92FS barely makes it in.

And technically any AR-15 is not allowed based on the mag I believe..... I've done some reading and a lot of people claim APD has no idea about it, but I have a few ways of finding out about that.

· A.K.A. Vodka Waters
3,773 Posts
Thanks, I forgot to add that link. oops.

I thought it was 10 but I found it again and it is 15. Which means that the 92FS barely makes it in.

And technically any AR-15 is not allowed..... I've done some reading and a lot of people claim APD has no idea about it, but I have a few ways of finding out about that.
My question is that the law states that no one in Aurora can sell, manufacture, possess, etc. an "assault weapon". I stopped in at JR's (I think that's the one right off Eola and New York) and they had a new AR for sale in the corner. If they can't sell, it and as an Aurora resident I can't buy it, how is this rule being enforced? The last thing I want is an illegal possession of a firearm charge, but if they are allowed to sell it then what gives?

· Rex Banner
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My question is that the law states that no one in Aurora can sell, manufacture, possess, etc. an "assault weapon". I stopped in at JR's (I think that's the one right off Eola and New York) and they had a new AR for sale in the corner. If they can't sell, it and as an Aurora resident I can't buy it, how is this rule being enforced? The last thing I want is an illegal possession of a firearm charge, but if they are allowed to sell it then what gives?
That's everyone's argument that I have read. Lots of people say they got an AR at JR's. :laughing:

· U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
I didn't figure you were up yet so I didn't text you. It was 6am when I was looking at it. :flip

LoL, well you could have left me a note here! I would have gotten it when I got up... like now. :lmao:

So aurora's ordinance laws state no high capacity magazine above 15 rounds on any firearm.

no semi auto shotties with a pistol grip.

no AK style rifles. (includes .22 etc its all about style, because looks, are dangerous)

no AR style rifles as well.

SO, what does this mean? its a class III misdemeanor if charged with possession while residing in aurora, if you are travelling thru aurora free transportation takes precedence. so you can keep the lowers in naperville, etc.
Only the lower is considered the firearm as a reminder.
No one here or Cook county from what I have seen has yet to be charged that was innocent. If they were in a gang shootout this is one of the charges that would be added on to it.

NOW. Here's where we gotta get our ass going. to change this law is up to aurora residents. There is a "council" of three that have to have firearm background that put everything together.
http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/ordinances/aurora_o.pdf
second page has the info.

FFLs in Aurora only deal with the sale of the firearms considering that its the end users responsibility to knowing laws, etc and where they are going to keep it. The FFLs job is making sure that the purchaser/recipient is legal to purchase it.

· Rex Banner
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it's illegal to have them but no one gets charged with it? So it's the risk one is willing to take to have an AR?

The council is only reevaluated every 3 years it looks like. That doesn't put up a new council for another year?

· U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
So it's illegal to have them but no one gets charged with it? So it's the risk one is willing to take to have an AR?

The council is only reevaluated every 3 years it looks like. That doesn't put up a new council for another year?
now how do we get into the council?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.