Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I'm happy, I just completed a R6 trade with Jeff with a J. That was the high point of the day. I am driving home in the jeep trailering the bike. ASSHOLE in lexus 300 coupe (green)decides to exit off 294 from the far left fast lane. He cuts across 4 lanes of traffic. Everyone hits the binders. The car in front of me misses the lexus by about one inch but hits the retaining wall. I lock them up with no where to go. The trailer jack knifes, slamming into the jeep conviently breaking the 1" I hook that the tie down is attached to releasing the bike on that side. Bike hits the jeep and falls into the road. I freak-jump out nearly get run over and pick the bike up and get it to the side of the retaining wall. So there we are three cars and 1 bike with damage and where 's the lexus-long fu--ing gone. I guess the only good news is after filling out police reports for two hours i got home and stripped it down. looks like the worst is a front fairing stay cracked at the frame with the windsheild cracked and some scrapes on the right side fairings and pipe. I spent an hour riding it bare last night and could find no mechanical problems. Please shoot any green lexus drivers on site.

Qanik

·
Registered
916 Posts
GODDAMN that sucks :confused Sorry to hear that man.

What exit on 294 did the asshole exit??? We can send Ody to break his legs:evil

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Brent- Sorry to hear that man!!! That SUCKS!!! Glad you got a deal worked out w/ the R6 w/ a fellow board member! Now just stay healthy!!!;)

Doc

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
That's really shitty.:bs

I had a friend that sold his 748 Duc to a guy out in Iowa. They met halfway, and the guy brought a UHaul trailer to get the bike. The buyer made it all the way home, and the hook ripped out of the floor as he pulled into the driveway and it hit the floor of the trailer. I realize it's not as bad as your R6, <B>A </B>because it was just a Duc and not an R6, and<b> B</b> because it was someone else and not you. :p

Anyway, I hope your ins. co. is cool about it and takes care of it for you.

·
Registered
747 Posts
man that sucks!!! at least there were others with the same story so you won't get hassled by the insurance co. :( man I'm getting pissed just thinking about it imagine how you feel.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
o man this sux. Ahh look at it this way, maybe insurance will cover the damage it already had on the plastic now.

·
3,613 Posts
Champ91 said:
maybe insurance will cover the damage it already had on the plastic now.
Shhh.. what damage?! ;) Sorry to hear about the accident, but, hey, at least nobody was hurt. :(

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
holly FUCK! i woullda chased that basterd to the ends of the earth once i saw my bike flew off the trailer:mad
fuck you, you ass hole where ever you ARE!!!!

sorry to hear about that man...it surely blow ass:(

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad luck. did you get it registered with the insurance company before you transported it home?

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, since it was being trailered, your auto insurance shoudl cover it if you need to make a claim.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
That really sucks. Could have been worse. Now I don't feel like I'm paranoid for using a 5th tire down and leaving the kickstand down. At least you weren't riding your bike. A pile up on the freeway has always been my biggest fear on a motorcycle.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Jeff with a J said:
Brent,

Just read this.....I can't believe it!

Let me know what I can do to help.
He wants his bike back:jester

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Arrrrgh! That TOTALLY sucks. Thankfully, you're okay.

Cherry: Ask John why it's not a good idea to leave your kickstand down when the bike is on the trailer. More tiedowns are always good.

·
Everybody to the Limit
469 Posts
(Note to self: Use many tie downs in the future.) I hate to hear about incidents like this but at least I learned something from it. Hope others did as well.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
KBOlsen said:

Cherry: Ask John why it's not a good idea to leave your kickstand down when the bike is on the trailer. More tiedowns are always good.
I'm afraid to. That man's got a story for everything.:laughing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts