Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Been feelin really lazy and unmotivated lately.

2K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  Daddy 
#1 ·
And I'm not sure if its the weather but I'm always tired and its been effecting my work and my work-outs lately. Anybody ever get that way and what have you done to get out of that slump and motivate yourself?

#13 ·
It does but only for a short period of time. Then I pass out after :laughing: ! Which goes back to my point of being lazy.

#17 ·
Yeah but too bad its too cold to ride out there. Caging it wouldn't be the same.

#5 ·
No motivation at the gym? Must not be a lot of hot wimmenz there.:laughing:

Maybe you're sick or something? Low blood sugars? Are you diabetic?:laughing:

#11 ·
Not that many women at my gym except for the hot piece of ass that works there. But she's too stuck up and she acts like her shit don't stink.

#6 ·
I have been feeling the same way since the weather change, hence my post count.

#9 ·
LOL!! Been there done that!

#18 ·
and drink plenty of water (gatorade is teh suck) and watch your caloric intake.

:laughing:

On a serious note, when you say mix up the workouts, meaning switch up the days or body part being worked out???

#25 ·
Being a runner for the past 5 years, I can vouch for this seasonal 'slump' but you just have to push through it. If you're a member of Bally or any club that has multiple locations, then visit the location with the Hottest members.

For me, (living in Oak Lawn, but visiting friends in Chicago) that means going to the Webster Place Bally Gym. Holy smokes do they have a LOT of hot ladies there. That alone is great motivation. If you're into Boys/Men, then go visit the Diversey & Clark Bally for your own 'Senator Craig' experience. (seriously, they have a security guard IN THE LOCKER ROOM to prevent these sorts of things).

If you're not part of a gym, then go run around the parks during Soccer season, there's a lot of soccer moms out there.

Other than that, you just gotta get creative. Good luck!

#26 ·
You want motivation, look no further than CLSB. A lot of people here got it worse than you. Your motivation is not to be that guy.

Reactions: ENutz
#31 · (Edited)
Dude, it sounds like you're not giving yourself Rest Days. This is critical. You cannot work the body EVERY day and not expect to get worn out.

Take your resting heartrate in the AM before you get out of bed, make a note of it. If its elevated, don't workout that day. Its your body's internal 'clock' telling you its not ready.

You're pushing yourself into a bad situation. Rest up a day between intense workouts and when you feel better, then you can go back into daily workouts.

#33 ·
Not to scare u, but also go see a doctor if symptoms persist and get tests.
Common Brain Tumor Symptoms include:

• Frequent headaches
  • Vomiting
  • Personality or mood changes
  • Seizures
  • Loss of appetite
  • Impairment or change in mental function or ability to learn

Additional Symptoms of Brain Tumors

• Lack of menstruation for females
  • Muscle weakness linited to one side of the body of face
  • Loss of hearing
  • Persistent drownsiness
  • Incontinence
  • Crossed eyes

#34 ·
buwhahahaa...

In arnold voice,

"Iz noht a tumah!"

-kindergarten cop

I stole this from someones sig

"Originally Posted by maoisn
You want motivation, look no further than CLSB. A lot of people here got it worse than you. Your motivation is not to be that guy."

im fat, get going or imma eat you.

edit
LoL! that quote is from this thread.

sitll holds true.

#36 ·
I think some of you are mistaking "lazy and unmotivated" for "unhappy/depressed". I'm just straight up feeling lazy as in I'm too damn lazy to clean my house when I normally do it every Sunday. Or I'm too lazy to fill out my weekly status report, too lazy too be at the gym and run, workout, or kick a fucking pad 30 freaking times. It seems like lately all I want to do is sit on my couch and just veg out. Some of it is mental and some of it is physical but the 2 go hand in hand. If my body is sore or tired then mentally I feel drained and vice versa.

#39 ·
What kinda chronic you smoking?

:laughing:
Sheeit. I would be smoking hydro if I could. Prob should just to add to my laziness.

#43 ·
I know how you feel. I get that way at the height of summer. It's so hot I feel like I never stop perspiring and I don't feel like working out.

This time of the year is great. It's cooling off so I can spend more time outdoors in the invigorating weather.

#45 ·
Dam! Smartdrug had the date wrong. We can try for tomorrow, but I am not sure I can swing it.

#50 ·
Suggestion for a cure

Try to pair up with a workout buddy I suffer from the same symptoms and my workouts are more consistent when I have someone on my back encouraging me or telling me I was missed at the gym.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.