Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the best time to start looking for the best deal on a bike. right before the winter or during the winter?

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Both

People who were in over their head with a loan over the summer are looking to get out of that loan now. Racers are selling their bikes like crazy rite now because they are broke from racing.

If someone wants to sell a bike in the off season or winter time they better have it priced to sell. It's a buyer market and you should low ball them.

·
Every motor needs a turbo
3,277 Posts
When is the best time to start looking for the best deal on a bike. right before the winter or during the winter?
from what i see its from about a month ago till before people put them away for the winter. ive been seeing killer deals flying around everywhere!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
now is the time...i just found a killer deal on a completely built up track bike with all the goodies

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
Yeah, now is a great time! I bought my bike last sept. I'd try to buy one before people store them for the winter.

·
DONATING MEMBER
25,071 Posts
The best time to buy is when you find the bike you want. Don't obsess over a few hundred here or there, bikes are depreciating assets and you can't put a value on the experiences you will have on it. Just make sure you are happy with the bike you decide on.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I haven't seen any great deals just yet, but I might not be looking in the right places. or people are not getting desperate yet.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Now, now, now :laughing. Just PM Mao what you are looking for and he will get you some leads. If it is a nice enough bike, pay my bus ticket and I will ride it back for you if it is a state or 2 away :laughing.

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
My buddy got a STEAL on a bike on New years Day. The guy was like 'your offer is too low' and my buddy was like, 'well you can have my money now or wait three to four months for others to come out'.

The guy took the cash.

Moral of the story: the closer to Xmas Time and the nastier the weather, the BETTER the deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So where else local can I look besides craiglist.

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
You looking for a street bike or track bike? I'm assuming street, bur just want to make sure.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RockStarr.. what kind of bike are you looking for? I should learn to read. Interested in a 1000RR?
a 1000RR will be out of my range. I would like to not go over 4gs I would like to find one lower than that. (the boss "wife" set the limit)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts