Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best work boots out there? I'm tired of destroying boots in 4 to 5 months. I need a pair of boots that are going to last. Should I just break down and buy Red Wings?

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
I've worn nothing but Doc Marten's for years, since I was 15 working in warehouses and then as a campus rent-a-cop. Super comfy and they held up great for me.

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
What type of work are you doing?

Red Wing's are o.k. boots, but ya gotta get the top dollar ones. I have to wear steal toes and prefer Timberland's.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Red wings FTW! I love mine, and they also offer custom formed insoles

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
For a lil guy like you Id go with somehting like this...red lipstick will cover up all the knicks.

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
i work in a shop all week long, i wear Bates. they are super comfy. i have had the steel toed timberlands, but those were just heavy and felt like i had 10lbs wrapped on each ankles.

http://www.batesfootwear.com/

Bates FTW!! they are primary used by police and fire:

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's hot Kruz...

I'm outside working a lot and always on my feet. All types of weather, and I am required to have steel toes both in the factory and in the field.

I'm going to try on some red wings after work. My company will pay up to 100 bucks so anything more than that I have to pick up the tab.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
There is a Red Wing outlet by my house. Never had their stuff but I hear it is good, expensive but good.

Red Wing Shoe Store
4852 N Harlem Ave
Harwood Heights, IL 60706

(708) 867-5600

Under200

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Mmmmmm red wings :)

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
i work in a shop all week long, i wear Bates. they are super comfy. i have had the steel toed timberlands, but those were just heavy and felt like i had 10lbs wrapped on each ankles.

http://www.batesfootwear.com/

Bates FTW!! they are primary used by police and fire:

Alex...did you knock over a bank:confused....Holy Crap:eek they are expensive!

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When it comes to buying THIS new pair of boots the price is no object. I'm on me feet way too much to continue wearing boots that fall apart.

I have a pair of docs that fell apart. I have a pair of caterpillar boots that were really good for about 3 months now they are crap.

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
For a lil guy like you Id go with somehting like this...red lipstick will cover up all the knicks.
naw dude, clear heels

something spikey that can get through all that mud

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
Do your feet hurt? Or are you just looking for a quality build?

My experience with steel toes is that they get pretty raggity after about 6 months of abuse. 1 year can be pushing it...

I use a Superfeet insert in most my boots for my fcuked arch.

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
Alex...did you knock over a bank:confused....Holy Crap:eek they are expensive!
yeah rick the ones i have were only like $90. and when i'm on my feet 9 hours a day, 7 days a week, i will spend any amount of money to make my feet feel good. i have had cheaper and more expensive pairs of boots, none feel as great as the Bates.

right now i have on the 5" Tactical Sport. i will be picking up the 8" Tactical Sports for the winter.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
I only wear Redwings at work. I am a freight conductor for the railroad, and we are in all types of climates like you work. These are my primary boots. Click here These are what they look like after two years of moderate to heavy work.

The bottoms are flat and worn. The top boot sole is really fuggered up from falling asleep at work with my feet on a heater. :laughing:.

These are my backup/light duty/riding boots.

I did not see them on the website. About 3 years of use for them. Holding up really well. Paid $160 or so.

The RR pays for half my boots, and I can get a new pair every year.

Make you a deal Nick. Get my pocket racer runing, and you can have these.

Click here - same boot but mine are not puncture resistant

I wore them for two hours, and forgot I had them. Found them in my closet last week. I can even have my wifes dog piss on them like she did when you came over for diner that time. :lmao:

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
I done told ya dude, Timberland's are the best "cheap" boot around...but nothing beats Red Wing's top model boots. Well worth the purchase price if you really abuse your boots.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts