Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boom
13,174 Posts
That didn't take long to get on the web :laughing

I met the boom that was on that flight on my recent deployment, he showed that video to us as part of in-processing. He records all day-time refuelings, just for this reason. I'm starting to think I should start doing the same... Anyway, the receiver co-pilot had the jet for this air refueling, boom called breakaway (well, he didn't do it over the radio, but you can hear a clicking noise, that's what we press to flash the lights underneath the plane to signal breakaway). During breakaway the tanker speeds up, while the receiver is supposed to slow down and drop down. The receiver was a mixed nationality NATO crew, apparently the co-pilot wasn't too familiar with the procedures. Upon the disconnect and the breakaway call he got confused, and pulled on the yoke, followed immediately by the aircraft commander slamming his hands against his yoke. At least that's his side of the story. Fact is, few people were not strapped in, and got pretty messed up...

·
I'm always learning......
5,722 Posts
Looks like he turned that surveillance plane into a vomit comet.:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.