Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Lookin to Ride!
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so, I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now. Would anyone that enjoys Bicycle riding, be up for a challenging weekend adventure lol, and want to join me and Sam on a bike ride that would probably start out west by me in the joliet area, and ride to starve rock for the weekend, haven't quite decided but potentially camping or a small cabin, stay there for the night and head back the next day?

Details will be figured out soon enough, but the ride would turn out to be approx. 42-45 miles one way, probably 20-30 or so miles stop for lunch. Post lunch continue to Which ever destination we end up choosing in the starve rock area

(Also open to suggestions from someone that has experience with this type of Endevour/activity. Location/destination can vary)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Why not just make a day trip out it? There and back. Thy would be doable at a slower pace. I'm not sure I'd like to carry or have the equipment to carry gear to do an overnight.

·
DONATING MEMBER
25,071 Posts
I'll go if Sam can ride on my bike with me. :lmao:

My buddy Scott just did something like this last year. He has a tandem, and he and his chick pulled a baby carrier type thing with their dog in it and a whole bunch of camping crap too. Had to look hilarious. Have fun though, I wish I had time to do things like this during the year.

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Vicki and I were looking at planning something similar, but a bit longer. We were thinking about utilizing one of those transport companies that will haul your luggage for you.

I'm interested depending on the date.......

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
I'll go if Sam can ride on my bike with me. :lmao:

My buddy Scott just did something like this last year. He has a tandem, and he and his chick pulled a baby carrier type thing with their dog in it and a whole bunch of camping crap too. Had to look hilarious. Have fun though, I wish I had time to do things like this during the year.
You have time for 11,000 posts but can't find 2 days for a bike trip? :jester

·
Lookin to Ride!
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not just make a day trip out it? There and back. Thy would be doable at a slower pace. I'm not sure I'd like to carry or have the equipment to carry gear to do an overnight.
I don't know, I guess I would just enjoy making it a weekend thing rather then just a shit ton of riding all day ya know. Not that I'm opposed to that either, but think it would be fun to make a night or two out of it.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I agree with this. going 50 miles with all that gear in tow wouldn't be my idea of fun. it would be different if it was gonna be a trip for a couple weeks or so and you'd have to carry survival gear with you.

·
Lookin to Ride!
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with this. going 50 miles with all that gear in tow wouldn't be my idea of fun. it would be different if it was gonna be a trip for a couple weeks or so and you'd have to carry survival gear with you.
Were not gonna carry much if at all gear. I'm probably gonna try to find a place with a little tiny ass cabin to rent and I'm still working on seeing if anyone with a car would wanna join the festivities to bring things if needed. All still VERY preliminary, trying to get some feelers at this point.

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Don't worry, I'm still with ya! These fools obviously haven't camped on a motorcycle before:laughing

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
I'll show up at the end with beer in hand to party :D

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
PERFECT! See now thats what I'm talking about! :bow
I'll even have the trailblazer to haul your bikes back when ya think the next Day, WTF was I thinkng when I came up with this idea :lmao:

·
Lookin to Ride!
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll even have the trailblazer to haul your bikes back when ya think the next Day, WTF was I thinkng when I came up with this idea :lmao:
And again I say..... SMART MAN! :lmao:

"Dammit! I should never have drank all those beers last night! Cheyenne can we just get a ride back to town?" :laughing:

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
EXACTLY!! :rofl

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
I'd be up for something like this. Sounds fun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts