Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 4+ months on crutches and lots and lots of rehab (which I am still in) I am finally off crutches!! I'm swingin' the pimp cane for now and hopefully will be rid of that as well within a week or so. It's still slow going, but being able to carry my dinner into the living room and shower standing up again is a HUGE step forward:laughing

I've still got a ways to go to be all the way back, but walking again is just amazing. The shit you take for granted......

Sooo, as part of this I would like to again personally thank everyone on this board for their generosity and all the help and kind words offered to me through this whole process. You would just not beleive what wonderful people (some of you:laughing) are part of this board until you find yourself in real need. Everyone that called, PM'd, stopped by, brought me books, DVD's, video games and even BOUGHT ME GROCERIES!!! ...shit I even was lead to my wonderful therapists by a board member:D ...I'll not forget what you blokes did for me.:cheers

I'd like to extend my utmost respect and gratitude specifically to G2G, Vcook, df4iguy, Chills, Jrock, Jimzx9r, evltwinn, Meech, Oddy, Redduck, Grasshopper, Jimm, Devil Dog, K2, Ryan, Dirtbiker, Bug, Rob, Dushan, Dano, Team Serpent, Mopar and Gconsier for the time taken on a personal level to help me out so much. I simply cannot thank you fellas enough for everything! If I missed anyone I can assure you it was only a momentary lapse...

Here's to the assholes on this board:cheers

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Canes rock, i want one like Houses with flames.

now that your better lets go dirtbikin :D

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude, you get to use a cane? it was all worth it then!!! :laughing
She's saweet:laughing

...and Tony, I'm gonna go ahead and say I'll roost your ass in the spring time:laughing

·
6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
Cerk it was nice talking with you the other day. I'm glad the recovery is going along.

Can't wait 'til your out lapping me at Norway. :)

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
when i broke my ankle i loved rocking the cane. i wanted to pimp it out with some be-dazzle.

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cerk it was nice talking with you the other day. I'm glad the recovery is going along.

Can't wait 'til your out lapping me at Norway. :)
Congrats. I am looking forward to riding with you in the spring. :cheers
Both you foos are gonna work my ass over on that DRZ (no fault of the DRZ's:laughing)

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
Good now go get drunk and fall down some stairs.

Kidding

·
Orgynizer ,
14,367 Posts
Congrats Tom!!! It is amazing what we take for granted when you don't have the use of one of your limbs....and even more amazing how the people on this board go out of their way to help you!!!

:bow :bow :bow :bow

I had my last PT appt yesterday!!!

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
Glad you are doing well. You definitely had it worse than I did. So glad to see you coming out ok and in good spirits.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Good to hear the crutches are gone!

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
That may have been the first time I smiled and felt happy while being called an asshole

Glad yer back on two legs ya cousin humpin ******* - Did ya widdle that cane your self from a tree brach you found while fishin at the crick?

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey CerkMX,

Glad to hear you stopped being such a whimp and finally took your first baby steps :neener:

Here's a place were you can upgrade that drug store hardware you're swing'n
http://www.clearcanes.com/pimp.html

Seriously though - good to hear you're back!
:cheers ...now, when is the next race weekend?

:laughing:

I want to see pictures...of the cane that is :jester
Just look for the dude with the flock of chicks around him in DT Naperville:laughing

Nice to be able to carry things with two hands again isn't it? :)
Congrats on the new found mobility!
You just have no idea until you can't do it for an extended period of time:laughing

:cheers

Congrats Tom!!! It is amazing what we take for granted when you don't have the use of one of your limbs....and even more amazing how the people on this board go out of their way to help you!!!

:bow :bow :bow :bow

I had my last PT appt yesterday!!!
Awesome!! I've still got plenty of PT ahead of me, but I feel like I'm in the home stretch now.

Glad you are doing well. You definitely had it worse than I did. So glad to see you coming out ok and in good spirits.
It all gets better with time brother...here's to a speedy recovery:cheers

That may have been the first time I smiled and felt happy while being called an asshole

Glad yer back on two legs ya cousin humpin ******* - Did ya widdle that cane your self from a tree brach you found while fishin at the crick?
:lmao: ...only a true friend of the bushmen knows the word "crick". I also get along quite well with our rebel brothers.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts