Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone after my zx10 was stolen I was pissed, but it gave me the opportunity to move to a 600 and gain more skill as a rider before I jump back on a liter bike.

Purchased my brother's 2003 Black and Silver GSXR 600 yesterday. Yes I moved to the dark side of the Suzuki's. :neener:

Losing 50 horsepower is a tad different, but I'll get a liter bike in another year that I will use on the street and then just track the 600.

Anyone have a 01-03 gixxer can recommend best tires for it on the track. I have used pilot powers and liked them on my 10, but different bike so I figured I'd ask. What sizes as well can you get 190's on the gixxer?

Looking forward to moving until then the bike isn't coming near my condo. Tired of the bullshit associated with that place.

On a side note. Wish I wouldn't have made my bike part of my name. Oh well I think I'll probably buy another 10R anyways in 09.

·
Former Chicagoian
864 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

120/180 Pilot powers or something similar will do you just fine at least until you're running a solid NESBA "I" pace....the 190 will probably do more harm than good and will cost more.

EDIT - I take it the ZX ended up being a complete loss?

Post some pics of that new bike!

·
El Speedy Gonzales
719 Posts
Congrats !! 600's are soo much fun at the track, I too went from 1k to a 600 and personally I feel like I'm learning more and having more fun doing it. On a 600 you can't be as lazy as with a 1k because you have to be in the right gear/RPM at all times IMO. Gixxers are great bikes and at least you won't burn through tires as quickly. As for tires I've always ran either Pirellis or Dunlops. I think PP would be great too..

On a side note if you need some perf. parts let me know I have some rearsets, PC3, Akra full Ti race exh. all in Mint shape ..

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Congrats, Pilot Powers are good on any bike :cheers. As for the name, just send HDTony a PM and he will change the name to whatever you want it to be. Just don't start a thread about the name change, if you do, CLSB will give you a call sign like Navy pilots, and you will end up with a name you hate like Flounder :lmao:

·
Cruising through life
2,173 Posts
:worthless:

congrats on the new gixxer! keep it as far away from 4 lakes as possible. i have room in my garage if you need it but you'll have to leave a key too :twofinger :jester

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZX was a full bend over take it with no lube or even a warm up kiss.

Thanks for the tips on the PP's everyone and the offer on the parts. I think I'm gonna put on some stomps, ss lines, rearsets, double bubble shield, tires, spools, sliders, and race skins and it should be good to go. Not gonna go too wild since I'll probably lay her down enough next year to scratch the hell outta everything.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:worthless:

congrats on the new gixxer! keep it as far away from 4 lakes as possible. i have room in my garage if you need it but you'll have to leave a key too :twofinger :jester
I agree but the bike is back at my parents. Just look down the street and instead of blue and white imagine black and silver. There a dime a dozen. :lmao:

Thanks for the offer on the garage man I'm gonna keep it at my parents until I move next year. It won't be anywhere near that damn hellhole I call home. :lmao:

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
Forget pics and screen name changes. Is this bike fully insured? And where is it parked at?

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Congrats on the replacement. :cheers

I might know if a replacement 10R if you're interested.

·
4,564 Posts
Congrats! Any track day tire will be fine for your pace. Pilot Power is great. Pirelli Corsa III.

·
Addicted
2,746 Posts
if you need a place to store the gixxer i'll have extra space available dec 8th. I'm at 75th street and woodward ave, not far from you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts