Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ya using?
How well does it work you?

I am on Loestrin (the pill). It's freaken awesome!!! My period, if I want to have one, last a day and a half tops!:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm on Yasmine. Same thing, my period is 2 days or less and I have no side effects from it.

I used to be on the shot, Depo-provera. God it really rocked never getting my period. I would maybe spot once every 3mos before I had to get a new shot. I was on that for about 2.5 yrs and they suggested I get off it for a while. Every 2 years or so you should take a break to prevent the chances of it not being as easy to get pregnant later on. But I miss it!

·
Mr.President-FTMFW!!!
1,482 Posts
Well I have the best birth control around. Fail proof too.
:abadflag1ow:

I will leave it at that.
:laughing:

·
Orgynizer ,
14,367 Posts
I'm on Yasmine. Same thing, my period is 2 days or less and I have no side effects from it.

I used to be on the shot, Depo-provera. God it really rocked never getting my period. I would maybe spot once every 3mos before I had to get a new shot. I was on that for about 2.5 yrs and they suggested I get off it for a while. Every 2 years or so you should take a break to prevent the chances of it not being as easy to get pregnant later on. But I miss it!
I'm on Depo....LOVE it...never get the period. I use to have real real bad cramping that is mainly why I got on the shot...so when it's time for my next shot...the cramping slowly starts to come back, that's when I know I'm due for my next shot.

Well I have the best birth control around. Fail proof too.
:abadflag1ow:

I will leave it at that.
:laughing:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'm on Depo....LOVE it...never get the period. I use to have real real bad cramping that is mainly why I got on the shot...so when it's time for my next shot...the cramping slowly starts to come back, that's when I know I'm due for my next shot.

Just a warning about the Depo shot, it has been linked to bone marrow depletion so make sure you take a break every 2 years for sure!!

Bone Density - Women who use Depo-Provera® may lose significant bone mineral density. Bone loss is greater with increasing duration of use and may not be completely reversible. It is unknown if use of Depo-Provera® during adolescence or early adulthood, a critical period of bone development, will reduce peak bone mass and increase the risk of osteoporotic fracture in later life. Depo-Provera® should be used as a long-term birth control method (e.g., longer than two years) only if other birth control methods are inadequate.

2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rasheeda, girl you fucken crack me up!!!:lmao:

I had a girlfriend who did Depo and good lord, that girl gained 45 pounds in 7 months after starting it. I know not all of that was just the shot alone but it truly disuaded me from considering it any further.

Well, since the guys have been whoring out this "FTW" thing.....
:1pimp
1 1/2 day periods or less FTW!!!!!

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
Yeah... I don't take any BC and I get my period for MAYBE 1 day a month and I can have all the sex I want... :laughing:

BTW- Depo re-did their formula so now it doesn't make people gain weight as much... The old formula was horrible for weight gain!!

·
Liz
2,526 Posts
im on seasonale....kinda same thing as depo 1 period every 3 months....although my dr told me i could keep taking it without a break in between if i have a special occasion or something.....very light periods nothing major no cramps....not that i had it bad to begin with however.....

·
Banned
824 Posts
rated R i'm with you on the best birth control. A bit different thou. My BF had a vasectomy. It's the best thing EVER!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm with you Jenya. Him being fixed is a great bonus to our relationship!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I was spayed three years ago;)

·
Defender of the Innocent
2,918 Posts
I have troubles with b-control.
I get horrible migrains in the week of not taking any, so my doc suggested also that i take it without taking a week break.

So, now i'm on NuvaRing. Funny thing dat. I started taking it continuously (after 3 weeks, new ring) , and as promissed, I got some spotting that took almost two months, and turned out to be like a light period.
So, i took a week off, and stated with a new ring. I do get migraines randomly, but not as bad as before.

·
Banned
824 Posts
i've never been on birth control pills. tried taking them and for two whole weeks kept getting nauseous. so i quit. not taking anything didn't quite work for me.

·
Mr.President-FTMFW!!!
1,482 Posts
Rasheeda, girl you fucken crack me up!!!:lmao:

I had a girlfriend who did Depo and good lord, that girl gained 45 pounds in 7 months after starting it. I know not all of that was just the shot alone but it truly disuaded me from considering it any further.

Well, since the guys have been whoring out this "FTW" thing.....
:1pimp
1 1/2 day periods or less FTW!!!!!
Seriously I used to take Depo... But I did gain weight from taking it. So it was not my favorite.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Im on Trinessa. I've tried so many different kinds and all of them gave me such a mood swing,one minute I was ready to take somebody's head off the other cry, :lmao:. Trinessa doesn't give me that, I still have a regular 3 day period but better that then the mood swings.

·
Seriously?
7,011 Posts
I was on the one when you get your period like every 4 months or something but man .. did my sex drive plummet! It really sucked... I mean I didn't want to have sex with anyone, not even biggy :laughing So I am on Levora which is just a regular BC and get my period once a month for like 3-4 days.
I've heard some bad things for not getting your period for only 2-3 times a year, it just doesn't seem healthy to me.. but maybe there is something new I can try cause no woman enjoys her periods.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts