Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exit ramp fromo I94 to lake street in Wilmette. This is usually a nice high speed sweeper but...... I hit this turn a little to tight on the apex and caught an 8" road patch or snake. My a$$ end kicked out and had some headshake but relaxed and rode it out. I HATE thos f(*&ng snakes with a passion. Watch out for them they do bite like heII.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOPS M y Bad

In my advancing years and senility I inadvertyantly posted to the wrong forum. My Bad.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
yeah but its better then pot holes leaned over at 90mpr

huh what black hawks:laughing
Can't wait till our route is resurfaced. All the potholes and tarstrips were getting killer. The new clover leafs around the southside have really got cleaned up already.:D

·
3,613 Posts
Glad you made it out okay. I'm pretty sure we've all had similar experiences with the damn tar strips, although probably no so extreme.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
maks said:
Glad you made it out okay. I'm pretty sure we've all had similar experiences with the damn tar strips, although probably no so extreme.
um, Max

On the way to RA for the races, all three of us hit the same patch. Jim had to put his foot down, your back end skipped and my entire bike moved a foot to the outside. Pucker moment for sure!

They put a ton of that shit in the corporate woods areas by my work. Sucks. The other road is so completely screwed up I can hardly ride the speed limit going around a corner.

Chris

·
3,613 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
On the way to RA for the races, all three of us hit the same patch. Jim had to put his foot down, your back end skipped and my entire bike moved a foot to the outside. Pucker moment for sure!

They put a ton of that shit in the corporate woods areas by my work. Sucks. The other road is so completely screwed up I can hardly ride the speed limit going around a corner.
Haha, I guess you're right. ;) And about the Corporate Woods.. man, I know what you're talking about. I took Ernie's bike through there real quick to get out of traffic and around some corners and it's pretty bad in there.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
maks said:
Haha, I guess you're right. ;) And about the Corporate Woods.. man, I know what you're talking about. I took Ernie's bike through there real quick to get out of traffic and around some corners and it's pretty bad in there.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? is that why that funny stain was on my gel seat? :twofinger :laughing

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Sticky said:

Grattan? What?:laughing
I keep hearing people bitching about this, but never had a problem there.. even on a 90 degree day. The little river through 1 in the morning after a rain nearly high sided me once.

I have hit some nasty tar on the Ramp from Route 6 to 90/94 just before I-80.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
cherrypicker said:

I keep hearing people bitching about this, but never had a problem there.. even on a 90 degree day. The little river through 1 in the morning after a rain nearly high sided me once.

I have hit some nasty tar on the Ramp from Route 6 to 90/94 just before I-80.
ask steve about the tar stripes, he watched me slide through there that day, i thought it was my tires but they where fine after that. heck i think i got 4 or 5 track days left in them!;) :laughing :laughing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts