Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So its almost that time of the year and the ads for the Black Friday are starting to show up, lets make this the central place to keep them. If you find one, feel free to post and I will add it to the 1st post :)

Sears

·
ZOMBIES ON FIRE!!!
1,047 Posts
good god! already? i worked until 4 am and thought i could get the jump on people at best buy last year. i drove there and the line was 3/4 mile out the door with crazy determined housewives. i went home and drank beer.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
<--- Internet shopping. I hate dealing with crowds. If I go to the mall it'll be to watch people.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
good god! already? i worked until 4 am and thought i could get the jump on people at best buy last year. i drove there and the line was 3/4 mile out the door with crazy determined housewives. i went home and drank beer.
My little sister drug me out.. We walked in to CC and the line to checkout was around the store... So I walked up to the Comcast internet terminal in the store.. went to Circuitcity.com.. they honored all the sales.. I bought my item and set it up for in-store pickup and left.. we came back that afternoon when it was less busy and picked my stuff up.. This was in Northwest Indiana.. I don't think most people knew how to use a computer :)

·
^That's me
1,514 Posts
I'm soooo glad I don't work at Target anymore. That is hell week for people that work in retail!!!!

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
<--- Internet shopping. I hate dealing with crowds. If I go to the mall it'll be to watch people.
+1

Fuck all that crowd shit.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
So its almost that time of the year and the ads for the Black Friday are starting to show up, lets make this the central place to keep them. If you find one, feel free to post and I will add it to the 1st post :)

Sears
Awesome. I just found a deal on new rubber. $46.99!! WOOHOO! Thanks dude. You just saved me $200...and i didn't even have to switch to Geico lol.

Reactions: kaw636

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Did you guys hear about walmart threatening to sue etc for people pre-posting sale ad's?

http://www.news.com/Wal-Mart-plays-Black-Friday-spoilsport/2100-1038_3-6214722.html

I guess they one upped everyone and are now calling ad's "trade secrets" instead of just copywrited... I guess the penalties are much higher (think industrial espionage)

This is to funny...
They sent takedown notices from lawyers to all of the sites... except CNN!?! :) hah nice - Who lists their items up and ... They are crap.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/01/news/fortune500/walmart_blackfriday/
Money - CNN article

Lawyer takedown letter

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
The Wal-mart thing kills me, the year before they sent their ad to the website I listed above.

Wal-mart is the devil.

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
I like looking at this site. It already has a few on there:

http://www.fatwallet.com/c/1/

I'm too lazy to go shopping that day. I thought about it to buy a tv from CC last year, but decided against it.

My little sister drug me out.. We walked in to CC and the line to checkout was around the store... So I walked up to the Comcast internet terminal in the store.. went to Circuitcity.com.. they honored all the sales.. I bought my item and set it up for in-store pickup and left.. we came back that afternoon when it was less busy and picked my stuff up.. This was in Northwest Indiana.. I don't think most people knew how to use a computer :)
Does this work from home as well, or do you have to go in store to do it?

·
n00b
772 Posts
Depending on what you want to get it can be worth it. I picked up a nice HDTV 2 years ago for a song, because I got one of the 3 available. 2 years later its still about the same price.

It was about 15f and we waited in line for a few hours and camped with the rest of the people. Get a few friends together and grab a grill and beverages and some Turkey leftovers and have some fun :) Its much better "camping" with 5-6 people than by yourself (when you have to go to the bathroom you might as well go home). Heck some people brought the giant space heaters and used those. I also waited out one year when it rained a bit. Bike raingear works great, and everyone else leaves ;)

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
You know what guys?

You'd all benefit the economy by purchasing stuff year round. (plus, if time was money, and lets just say you and your lady's time was worth 25/hour, that means you're LOSING 50/hour waiting in line. Its just not worth it.

Forget black friday, stay in and have post-turkey day sex.

Then, go see a movie.

After the movie, go home and sleep off the rest of the turkey-sandwich-induced exhaustion.

When you wake up it will be saturday and time for FOOTBALL! :cheers:

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
You know what guys?

You'd all benefit the economy by purchasing stuff year round. (plus, if time was money, and lets just say you and your lady's time was worth 25/hour, that means you're LOSING 50/hour waiting in line. Its just not worth it.

Forget black friday, stay in and have post-turkey day sex.

Then, go see a movie.

After the movie, go home and sleep off the rest of the turkey-sandwich-induced exhaustion.

When you wake up it will be saturday and time for FOOTBALL! :cheers:
So by your assumption, I'd be making money either way, so I might as well wait in line and save even more money. Yay for paid holidays!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I worked at Best Buy years back during this tiime frame. I was like 16 in high school, but working until like 1am that whle week in preperation for that sale.

·
teets
7,403 Posts
I camped 2 nights for 3 PS3s.. hahaha.. made a hefty profit but I don't think i'll ever ever do that again. The last 3 hours there 4am - 7am seemed like eternity and it was cold as a mother..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts