Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very quiet day. No big crashes, no chopper. Hell no ambulances. Very few bikes even went down.

First practice I missed. Second practice I was running 1:38- 1:44 on ave. During my race I ran 1:34's.:D:D BTW finished 12th :D:D:D

Kim, you missed out on a great lunch here for teh cornerworkers. Chicken Parmesian and spaghetti and we had pizza & beer after the races.:D:D:D

Oh before I forget. I saw Dano there. he was riding bitch on a moped.:laughing

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael said:
i might head up there tomorrow .. you racing tomorrow, Rob?
Nope Michael. Dont feel like trying a psycho race right now. :D:D:D

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
YZFRob said:
Oh before I forget. I saw Dano there. he was riding bitch on a moped.:laughing
LOL... yeah that only happened once - he didn't like my driving. So I was stuck in "bitch" status for the rest of the day on the scooter ;)

DanO had a GREAT weekend. I've got all the individual results scrawled out on a piece of paper in the truck... so you get what I've got from memory. I'll have the official results up on the webpage later tonight. But out of 7 races... he had 3 3rds, and all the rest 4ths and 5ths :) Glad to see DanO get a solid weekend together. :cheers For SOME odd reason, Andy, Chachere and Borkowitz stepped up the pace BIG-TIME this weekend... dunno why. Andy clicked off a few 16.9s... FLYIN for Amateur!

I didn't race due to lack of funds... but damn it was almost as much fun pitting for him as it is racing myself!

Well I gotta go take a shower and get me some food... catch y'all later.

Oh, and the temporary website URL is http://home.earthlink.net/~omniglh/KPR/Page1.htm

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least someone else had a great weekend there. Chris Weeden didnt have a great one. Won 2 races I think (1 for sure), crashed in teh $1500 unlimited, blew a motor or something else that spewed oil on his bike and had a chain jump the rear sprocket causing him to finish last.

Today I got stuck working in turn 5. I HATE working that corner. No shade, usually you are there ALONE so trying to wave 2 flags if need be becomes FUN to try and talk on teh radio too.:laughing

From what I heard, there was alot of bitching today about the lack of blue flagging. Well, as they put it, its not as important to do as the yellow flags. :D Hell I really couldnt blue flag anyone since 1. I was alone and we have to look down track for mishaps and 2. theres a big tree blocking my view of riders coming at me. By time I see the backmarker and the leader its way too late. :(

Also one of the racers was PISSED about something and was screaming at another racer in teh paddock by 5. I could hear him plain as day and I was at my station with BOTH cups of the headset on and he was still wearing his helmet.:laughing You have to eb pretty pissed if people 100' away with ear protection on can hear you while wearing your helmet.:laughing

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
YZFRob said:
At least someone else had a great weekend there. Chris Weeden didnt have a great one. Won 2 races I think (1 for sure), crashed in teh $1500 unlimited, blew a motor or something else that spewed oil on his bike and had a chain jump the rear sprocket causing him to finish last.
Damn! He was SUPER fast Saturday!

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Well, I went up there on Sunday. Visited with my buddy Jeremy outside 3A. Uneventful corner. Couple run offs, that's about it. Max got up there in time for the last 3 races. We didn't know where Rob was working and I didn't even go all the way around the track.

Dano won some cash on Sunday for a third place finish in his money race (I can't remember which one he did).

Turn one has a nasty new ripple in it. If you go in too hot you'll definately hit it.

Rob, any new holes in the track? I didn't get to check out the whole track.

Chris

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Way to go, DanO and Rob! Sounds like a GREAT weekend.:thumbsup WOOHOO!

Chachere is my mentor (well, one of them, anyway). Those guys are doing AWESOME things out there. I wanna ride like that when I grow up.

No blue flags??? Now I KNOW I should have been there:D

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GroverSV650S said:
Well, I went up there on Sunday. Visited with my buddy Jeremy outside 3A. Uneventful corner. Couple run offs, that's about it. Max got up there in time for the last 3 races. We didn't know where Rob was working and I didn't even go all the way around the track.
Chris

Well I was at 5. My bike was parked inside the fence near the gate between 4 and 5.

trakc seems bumpier than it was in may.:D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts