1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
EBC HH (sintered pads)

·
Registered
79 Posts
how are those ebc hh sinstered pads on the rotors? gonna buy some eventually.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Odysseys said:
EBC HH synterd pads., simply the best;)
All I can say is after I put on the EBC was HOLY SHIT these things would stop a freight truck.

Yep I liked them. :D

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
It does seem to wear a little more, but we're talking 30k miles instead of 40k out of the rotors or something. Big deal.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
this question is going to sound retarded....but, how do you know when to change the pads? I have 9,600 miles (i think) on my bike, and I doubt the guy before me ever changed 'em, and i never changed 'em. they don't pulsate, grind, or squeal at all. is it just too soon still? do the pads last a long time like they do on cars...i'm sure it does depend on riding style too.:confused

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
GautamCity said:
this question is going to sound retarded....but, how do you know when to change the pads? I have 9,600 miles (i think) on my bike, and I doubt the guy before me ever changed 'em, and i never changed 'em. they don't pulsate, grind, or squeal at all. is it just too soon still? do the pads last a long time like they do on cars...i'm sure it does depend on riding style too.:confused
It depends on riding style, weight of bike, etc. Might be too soon, but better check before they eat your rotor. Front usually go first. Most pads have a wear indicator. I'll try and draw a pic

| R | | | <-Pad
| O | |_|
| T | _|| <-Notch
| O | | |
| R | | |

Usually there's a wear notch, when you go through the pad and make it down to there, they should be replaced.

I haven't tried the EBC HH pads, I have Vesrah pads on the track bike and like them a lot. Stock Honda pads are great. I'm leary of race pads for the street (not sure if that's what EBC HH pads are), normally they take a little to heat up and then grip even more. I've seen a friend on the track loop his bike forwards because he wasn't use to race pads and on the third lap coming into turn 1 they gripped like a mutha. :)

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
If in doubt swap them out. Its an easy replacement. Unless you wait too long and you start eating into the metal behind the pad. From what I was told you loose your brakes at that point. You'd have to verify that with Gofast though.:D

·
Slow Poke
1,297 Posts
I've got the HH's on the F4 and F2. On the track they need a couple laps to heat up. That 1st time hauling down from 130 can be an eye opener. For street use they work ok though. The HH is their top of line pad that's an OEM replacement for sintered type OE pads (like all current sb's). EBC are known to be inexpensive, make your own conclusion.

I don't like them on the street that much though. It's not the performance but the 'other' stuff that gets me. When not applying the brakes they tend to drag pretty loudly. When idling through a parking lot I hear this steel wool noise that bothers me alot.

I just bought some galfer race pads for the F2. I may try something more street frendly like the OE or Ferodo (actually cheaper than EBC's on Kneedraggers site) on the F4.

·
Special Agent Lance Boyle
6,704 Posts
I haven't tried the EBC HH pads, I have Vesrah pads on the track bike and like them a lot. Stock Honda pads are great. I'm leary of race pads for the street (not sure if that's what EBC HH pads are), normally they take a little to heat up and then grip even more.
EBC Make HH Street pads as well and as I understand it they are the same except the street pads carry DOT certification, meaning more $$ and are therefore street legal. My HHs do take additional heat up time but don't make noise. I used to run the greens on the racebike before the HH came out....what a mess, dust everywhere:mad

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the info guys and grammer corrections. I'm going to look around some more, but more opinions and info is welcome.

·
Give 'em hell guys!!
184 Posts
Definitaly give the vesrah's a look. They require NO BREAK IN , you have brakes from the first pull of the lever. I think that they are the best pads I have ever used, and yes I have used the EBC HH. I am a little biased because we are sponsered by them, But I would pay to use these pads if I had to.

·
Give 'em hell guys!!
184 Posts
I know this sounds stupid but, I have no idea. The team owner just gives me the pads and I put them in, I never looked to see what they were called, I just know they work fantastic. We're racing in Texas this weekend and I'll make sure to get the exact info and I will post it on Sun. or Mon.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Steve Karson said:
I know this sounds stupid but, I have no idea. The team owner just gives me the pads and I put them in, I never looked to see what they were called, I just know they work fantastic. We're racing in Texas this weekend and I'll make sure to get the exact info and I will post it on Sun. or Mon.
Are these pads on my gsxr??? if so they kick ass, great feel quick stopping me like em... :cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts