Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the differance between the bt010 OEM versions (which you can buy from accwhse.com) and the non oem versions? Both you can buy aftermarket but the oem are cheaper. I wanted to buy the bt56SS but found out they are discontinued and bridgestone states the bt010 are their replacement. and they list them as "high performance" which they also list with the new bt12's. so is the oem version a differant compound? I need a good street track tire but don't want to spend over $150/per tire. also only can fit a 160 on the rear so that also limits a lot for me.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Most of the popular tires come in a 160 rear. There are a lot of F2 and F3 trackbikes out there still.

I don;t know anything about a different OEM compound. The BT010's are porbabably the best bank for the buck when it comes ot performance and wear. They do tend ot cup realy bad on the front of some bikes and square off more than other tire in the rear.

I still prefer the Metzler M1's over them any day unless you do a lot of long trips.

·
3,613 Posts
I thought OEM tires like the 207s they put on new CBRs are a harder compound so they get more mileage. Don't remember where I heard that... maybe it was a discussion on SBN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the BT54's, which were long lasting, Metzler MEZ 3's, decent grip but no life on the street, and currently the MEZ 4's. So far the 4's seem to be pretty good. Even after a REALLY smoky smiley face at a popular goof off spot near Bolingbrook, they show no wear and have decent grip once warmed up.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
:twofinger Welcome Bri:twofinger

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I'd check with Discount Motorcycle Tire.com for the best prices (especially if you install yourself). Less than $100/tire for the BT010's. I'll let you know how these M-1s work after the track days this weekend.

They also have good deals on other gear and accessories. Downside is they use Airborne express. They couldn't find my house, but UPS can :confused Tires can take towards the longer end of their 7-10 day quote, but my tires may have been out of stock.

http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts