Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
currently the only change it no more restaurants upstairs right?
Last I was there, they closed the whole upstairs. I was told (a couple years ago) that it had to do with taxes and square footage. So they closed the whole upstairs and crammed everything on the main floor to lower their taxes.

Now with this $25 per gun fee, I can't imagine everyone flocking to Cabela's to buy stuff.

I hate to admit it, but I typically go to the Cabela's in Indiana because their taxes are lower and their stock is better (it's a 1 hour drive either way for me). I would totally support the Hoffman location if they moved to Kane...or better yet, there is a large piece of land here in Bolingbrook (Will county) that was never used since the economy took a dive in '08. Right off i55 for those city folk who need outdoor gear.

· Special Agent Lance Boyle
6,648 Posts
I can't imagine what the price of a move would be. They should have reseached that more, I guess now they know why BPS is in Lake and Kane, how is that BPS by you?

12,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find that Bass Pro Shop stocks the cheapest Chinese made crap around. I'm often disappointed in both their pricing and the quality of stock. Which is why I drive an hour to Cabelas when I could literally walk to a Bass Pro.

Honestly, the only positive to Bass Pro lately is that they are pet friendly and enjoy when I bring the dogs into the store. Their staff, while not always terribly helpful, are very nice.

· Registered
2,044 Posts
I never understood why they would build a store like this in Cook County. It's a shame. I've spent thousands at that location. Now I just go to Dicks in Lombard. I will never spend the $25 premium for a gun bought in Cook County. There are lots of other places to buy the stuff that Cabela's sells. I have nothing against them but I'm not planning on throwing my money away either.

My 2 cents is that whoever made the decision to build that store there needs to be fired simply because that is a ridiculous location based on the FACT that Cook county hates what Cabela's stands for.

· I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
That sucks! That was a great store.

In other news, they are opening an 110,000 sq ft Cabelas 5 miles from my place here in Colorado without these stupid taxes and no waiting period. Anyone want to move? :)

12,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That sucks! That was a great store.

In other news, they are opening an 110,000 sq ft Cabelas 5 miles from my place here in Colorado without these stupid taxes and no waiting period. Anyone want to move? :)
Incoming neg-rep for your /daveism

· Old Squid on a Blade
9,173 Posts
Is it for sure that they are closing?

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.