Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that i won't be able to use my car for a few months, anything i need to do to it while it sits during winter? Stabil? Fill up the tank? Start the car once in awhile? TIA

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Yep, that's what I do to my cage. Stabil, put some carpet under the tyres, overinflate them, and hook up the battery-tender (Porsche brand tender of course. ;) )

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
Bring it to me. I will ensure that it gets plenty of exercise. Quattro, right? That makes a good winter car. Put yer old rims on it cause I'm going sliding.

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
you don't have friends who could drive you around? No, seriously. I'd drive a friend's car to help him keep it 'running smooth'. After all that's what friends do! (I don't mean beat on the car either, just take it out on the highway every frew weeks).

Also, will it be garaged?

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you don't have friends who could drive you around? No, seriously. I'd drive a friend's car to help him keep it 'running smooth'. After all that's what friends do! (I don't mean beat on the car either, just take it out on the highway every frew weeks).

Also, will it be garaged?
LOL NEGATIVE on both.:laughing: My pops may occasionally take it to work, but i highly doubt it. Only because his TL is a bit more comfy (bigger wheels, lower ride height on the A6 = harsher ride). As for my friends driving it, hmmm, let's just say that out of the few close friends that i have, only one has a valid license.. :laughing:

·
I wok!
3,079 Posts
hook up that bad boy with direct exhaust injection over winter break. that thing will have unlimited power. just remember with great power comes great responsibility

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Rob, just give it to me. I always wanted to test drive the A6. When it breaks down, I will tow it back to your house :lmao:.

Reactions: EndlessRR

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
outdoor winter storage for a car is a :nono

the snow/rain that sits under the car will evaporate during the day, and find its self on the underside of the car, which then will help it rust.

the best outdoor winter storage is to drive it on a regular basis.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
BTW, who are you kidding, we know you will be riding dirty in three weeks :lmao:. What happens if you get caught driving with a suspended license :lmao:?

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shiet. Even for only a month (Once i get the JDP i'll be all good)? I should get my license back (wishful thinking) by 12-11.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
BTW, who are you kidding, we know you will be riding dirty in three weeks :lmao:. What happens if you get caught driving with a suspended license :lmao:?
No way man. I drove to the gym yesterday around 10am and i crapped my pants everytime i saw a cop. :laughing: Can't do it. Also, like you said, i don't drive it = no maintenance.:laughing:

If i really wanted to i could, the car is good to go (all lights working, plate lights working, front plate is on, etc) and it's a grandpa car, cops don't even look at me, but i'd rather not risk it and get myself in deeper doodoo. Now, if i chill aroud the city, i can drive like the transporter and get away with it lol. Suburbs is teh sucks.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
You know what, that paranoia is what will get you stopped, cops can sense that stuff :lmao:

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
you get arrested. i have been there twice :laughing:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Rob, just give it to me. I always wanted to test drive the A6. When it breaks down, I will tow it back to your house :lmao:.
yea but you can push it back to the house when it breaks down. 50 ft isnt that far :laughing: Just sell the thing robbie, get a new car when u can drive again

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
No way man. I drove to the gym yesterday around 10am and i crapped my pants everytime i saw a cop. :laughing: Can't do it. Also, like you said, i don't drive it = no maintenance.:laughing:

If i really wanted to i could, the car is good to go (all lights working, plate lights working, front plate is on, etc) and it's a grandpa car, cops don't even look at me, but i'd rather not risk it and get myself in deeper doodoo. Now, if i chill aroud the city, i can drive like the transporter and get away with it lol. Suburbs is teh sucks.
Or if you get pulled over, tell the cop your only driving because your the DD and you dont want them behind a wheel :nutkick: :cheers: im sure alex has more experience on what works in that situation :laughing:

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Yep, that's what I do to my cage. Stabil, put some carpet under the tyres, overinflate them, and hook up the battery-tender (Porsche brand tender of course. ;) )
Hmmmm Porsche makes a battery tender:confused

I will never put Stabil in any fuel system....it isn't going to sit for 3 months.

Hmmm carpet under the tyres:confused Were your tyres made in 1962:confused

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Hmmm carpet under the tyres:confused Were your tyres made in 1962:confused
i was thinking the same thing. You dont need carpet. My alero has been sitting for 2 years on the same tires and ive never had a flat spot. (tires had to be replaced from cracks in the sidewall) but no flats.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Yes, Porsche makes a battery tender. Why is that odd?

My tyres get flat spots while sitting still for a week. It's common for 986's to do that. I feel the spots for the first 5-10 minutes of driving when I take her out.

As for the carpet, I know I don't need to put it under my car, but I like too. My Pcar appreciates it too, so her feet don't have to sit on the cold concrete.

·
RIP Ashwin
1,303 Posts
Rob....I'll drive it for you this winter. I have a garage that I will keep it in overnight and then you don't have to worry about all of that 'winterization' crap! It will be plenty safe in suburbia. Just let me know.

:lmao:

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:spit Sure, as long as you agree to take care of the maintenance. Let's see:

New cats
Left/upper control arm
Left CV boot
Drain/fill power steering (Pentosin only)
93 only
8 qts 5w-30 M1 synth only

Enjoy. :lmao:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts