Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
that is a pretty kick ass lil camera...I found it here for $149
http://www.thedigitalnerds.com/product.asp?productid=1862B001&tab=1

I am going to look a lil tonight and probably buy this thing tomorrow morning unless I find something better :)

thx :cheers:

Edit: under200, your website is actually cheaper than the one I found b/c it provides free shipping

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
that canon sd1000 looks like a pretty good deal actually maybe ill pick one up, or something at least for that $150 range. :cheers:

·
DONATING MEMBER
25,071 Posts
Just ordered one. I guess I'm quite the impulse buyer now. Hey Tony why don't you get to work on finding me a good deal on a badass computer screen. I have no idea on what to get but I do want the computer geeks to come to my house and say "Damn that's a badass computer screen". Any suggestions? Gangster size please.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
Go for one of the Canon Elph SD series with IS (Image Stabilzation). My SD630 takes great photos outdoors but indoors it really hard to ge sharp shots in low light w/o the flash. IS helps this a good amount.

·
SV650N
3,117 Posts
Go for one of the Canon Elph SD series with IS (Image Stabilzation). My SD630 takes great photos outdoors but indoors it really hard to ge sharp shots in low light w/o the flash. IS helps this a good amount.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I just snapped some shots tonight and they didn't come out so good without flash...

But anyhow, here's a nice shot with indoor flash taken this evening with my SD500 that I bought two years ago and still rocks it (even after dropping it a few times on concrete!)

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Yep. I already told her to get the canon... but what the hell do I know?

:laughing

Ive had three canon elphs, and not because I have dropped them a million times in clubs, riding, in my back pocket nearly missing the toilet to pee... ok Ive done all that, but because I've left them in hotel rooms on accident.

These cameras kick ass.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
how about something small and waterproof? Doesn't olympus make one that's waterproof to 30m?
it has an accessory of a water proof case (I don't do too much underwater stuff at all)

looking right now...

EDIT: looks like the PowerShot SD950 IS is the winner :D

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
it has an accessory of a water proof case (I don't do too much underwater stuff at all)

Is that the same as ISO??

Looks like this camera is the winner :D
lol the ISO helps low light, the higher the number the better but it will be more grainy looking.

I was asking about an underwater one for me ;)

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,685 Posts

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
lol the ISO helps low light, the higher the number the better but it will be more grainy looking.

+1 on the Canon SD series. I have the SD850is and that camera rocks!
After playing around with it for a while (and I'm not a photography guru like some on her) ISO settings make the pics come out grainy in regular conditions so just turn down the setting (daytime ISO 200). I used a higher ISO number (ISO 800 or ISO 1600) in night/very low light conditions and it helps alot. A couple taking pics on their Sony camera wanted to know what setting I had it on because their pics came out dark, and unfortunately, the Sony didn't have this setting.

I have no idea what ISO means, I just know that I increase it when I'm trying to take low light pictures.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep. I already told her to get the canon... but what the hell do I know?

:laughing

Ive had three canon elphs, and not because I have dropped them a million times in clubs, riding, in my back pocket nearly missing the toilet to pee... ok Ive done all that, but because I've left them in hotel rooms on accident.

These cameras kick ass.
:jester ohhhhh shut it :neener: I agreed with you, just wanted to hear it from a few more people before I just dropped $300 :)

hey what do I know I'll quote what it said on the website

Canon Innovation Enhances Your Experience
ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto to reduce image blur and expand low-light shooting capability
Image blur...image stabilizer - those bastids are tricky with their wording :jester

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Just ordered one. I guess I'm quite the impulse buyer now. Hey Tony why don't you get to work on finding me a good deal on a badass computer screen. I have no idea on what to get but I do want the computer geeks to come to my house and say "Damn that's a badass computer screen". Any suggestions? Gangster size please.
Go total pimp and get a 42" Pioneer Plasma and hook it up to the computer! Just don't pause games too long:laughing:
If I see a deal I'll post up.

Under200

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Nikon L10 or L11 (6mb or 7mb with stabilization)
109$ - 180$

1 - 20 of 22 Posts