Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, somebody referred me to this site from SBN.

I'm over here near Detroit, Michigan hunting for a CBR600. I'm interested in a bike closer to you guys though, and I was hoping somebody very knowledgable could check out this bike.
------------------------------------------------
Bike #1)
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=97499&goto=newpost
1998 Honda CBR600
15xxx miles
Clean title
Solid red
tinted screen
new chain, tires, sprocket
D&D Carbon full exhaust
Tank bra
Flush mount turn signals
1 year left on the Honda warranty
This bike has no dings, scratches, or anything else!
It has never been dropped.
Excellent condition and excellent runner!
I'm asking $4300

North CHICAGO subs (45 minutes north of Chicago)
My email is [email protected]
Or give me a call on my cell 224.420.0369
------------------------------------------------

I already spoke with Joe and he has no problem meeting somebody pretty much anytime, day or night to check out the bike.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
well hopfully some one in that area can help you but....true advise here bro.

its better to see with your own eyes what your cash is going to....what 1 person might think is ok to them...(zip ties and duck tape) will seem like a TOTAL junker to you.

(not like most of us are into junk bikes around here...but hope you get my point) and i know its rough trying to buy a bike when your far away.

it just comes with the deal i guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, dude I hear ya. That's why I'd like to talk to whoever is gonna go look at it. I think I could get a pretty good feel for how anal (in a good way) somebody is about checking out a bike.

But even somebody who can live with the zipties and ducktape, is more qualified to check out a bike than I. Being a newbie sucks!

Heh.. and yeah, before I actually handed over the cash I'd probably check it out in person, to pick it up. If it looked shady there I'd back out.

Thanks for the advise. :)

·
3,613 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that your link isn't working. Also, where's the bike located? Anything more than North Suburbs? :confused

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Link is fixed, stupid copy and paste!

He said 45 minutes north of Chicago. I'll get more info asap.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Before you buy that one...check this bike out first. He's a good friend. I rode this bike home for him when he bought it new in 97. Never down, never raced, never even ridden really.
97 F3

He lives in Glen Ellyn....I-355 and Roosevelt. 20 minutes due west of Chicago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey buddy, I looked at the bike. I have a couple turn offs..

a) I'm not really a fan of the purple/yellow. I prefer the black/red/white.

b) I think $5000 is just too much to ask. Closer to $4000 sounds more reasonable, imho..

Thanks for the link though.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
45 minutes north of Chicago would put him right in our neck of the woods. Probably gurnee??

Kruz, I'll forward your link to a buddy. but he also doesn't like the purple/yellow. I personally like that color scheme.

max..Kruz's bike post is SCREAMING to you. Heed the call.

Chris

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I personally think that is the ugliest color scheme HONDA has ever concocted. You either love it or hate it. I also agree the price is steep, but it really is a well maintained completely clean bike.

Last I heard, he was pondering a $4300 cash offer. I think he just owes too much on it.

·
3,613 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
max..Kruz's bike post is SCREAMING to you. Heed the call.
I happen to agree with Kruz's last post. Nice try trying to stick me with the ugly bike though. :evil :D

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Personally I have always been a fan of the purple and yellow paint job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back to the topic at hand.. :twofinger

Joe sent me this email:
-----
Hey Matt,

I live in a town called Antioch. The bike is at my brother's house at the end of North Ave. You can give them my name and cell # to talk with them and give them directions if you want. 224.420.0369
Thanks,
Joe
-----

Anybody up for the challenge? Pleeeease? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts