Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casey Stoner = :mecry:

This is really getting old. Welcome to Nicky Hayden's world. Casey should grow up and take a page from The Book of Hayden. Quit your crying. A real world champion doesn't need to demand respect. And Casey, here is a news flash: You are not equal to Rossi. You may be one day, but you sure don't appear to be headed in that direction. Talk about insecure.

If I read one more story like this I am going to puke. I am rapidly loosing respect for Stoner - the very oppostite of what he wants - and it has everything to do with him.

Why does he worry so much about this? Real fans, pro riders, etc they know he deserved the title.

Stoner frustrated by paddock reaction

By Glenn Freeman and Michele Lostia Thursday, November 1st 2007, 12:05 GMT

Casey Stoner has expressed his disappointment with the people who have not given him enough credit for winning this year's MotoGP world championship.

The Australian has dominated the season in his first year with Ducati, but some of his rivals have put his success down to the bike and the tyres more than the rider.

"It seems like when I win, it's down to the tyres, and when Valentino (Rossi) wins, it's down to him," Stoner was quoted as saying by Italian magazine Motosprint.

"And every time he explains the reasons why he didn't win it seems like everyone believes him. I'm convinced we deserved the title.

"It seems like it doesn't matter what I did in that race, the way I rode. It seems like I didn't make a difference."

Stoner points out that the supposed reasons for his success changed during the year, as his success was initially put down to Ducati, and then Bridgestone, having an advantage over their rivals.

"At the beginning it was said I was winning only because of the bike, which was too fast," he added. "Later on, it was down to the tyres.

"It looks like no one has been able to find another reason why I won, besides the bike and the tyres. It looks like it's not thanks to me."

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
What a big baby. This is probably because I left him a voicemail saying, "My grandmother could get on the podium with that bike and tires".

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I get some time, I am going to send him an e-mail. We'll see if I get a response. lol

[email protected]

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Not entirely unjustified. The various commentators certainly haven't given him the credit they give Rossi.
Might not be prudent to go saying it to the press, but he's right. Further, I don't think it's entirely implausible that the quotes were taken out of context for the purpose of injecting some drama in a rather boring season. :2cents:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Wow jrock, you interpreted that article different to me.

Maybe it is my Aussie bias coming into play?

Once again, I think you are reading to much into it.

I think he is wasting his time with those comments, but probably not far from the truth.

Glenn

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Not entirely unjustified. The various commentators certainly haven't given him the credit they give Rossi.
Might not be prudent to go saying it to the press, but he's right. Further, I don't think it's entirely implausible that the quotes were taken out of context for the purpose of injecting some drama in a rather boring season. :2cents:

Why would they give him the credit they gave Rossi. Rossi is a season vet and has won more races than Stoner hace raced in GP. One he gets a couple of championships under his belt then he can complain. Until then buck up and get yout testing done for next year.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Like Vcook said, He won because of the bike. I think you knew I was going to say something like that Jrock :lmao:.

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Stoner needs to get some thicker skin and realize he will not please everyone.

·
Go Speed! Go!
398 Posts
Well, ultimately Stoner needs to realize that the Italian press will never like him. He's not Italian. I bet the Aussie press loves him!

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow jrock, you interpreted that article different to me.

Maybe it is my Aussie bias coming into play?

Once again, I think you are reading to much into it.

I think he is wasting his time with those comments, but probably not far from the truth.

Glenn
What am I reading into it? Its not this one article. Its the constant drum beating he has been doing. Over and over and over. Obviously, it is the truth. People aren't giving him the credit he wants or feels he deserves. My point is just what you said and more. He is wasting his time and it makes him look bad in my eyes. You don't hear Hayden crying about what all the american fans were saying about him. And they were particularly brutal. No American champion has gotten as much grief from American fans as Hayden. It was an onslaught.

Like Vcook said, He won because of the bike. I think you knew I was going to say something like that Jrock :lmao:.
Surely you don't believe that. If you do, you are a silly man. No one becomes a champion without deserving it. And yes Blarney, even Alex Criville.

The kid is a frickin' broken record. He has been saying this crap over and over and over. Get over it. Act like a champion and stop crying about people not giving you enough respect. You have to earn that respect and if it takes a good attitude on top of winning a title, well, there you go.

Kevin Schwantz is the only rider in GP history to have his number retired and he only won one title. Think about that!

btw, let's see, who else has had to deal with some "shadow" cast over their title:

Rainey
Schwantz
Criville
Roberts (junior)
Hayden

and I am sure there are more.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Well, ultimately Stoner needs to realize that the Italian press will never like him. He's not Italian. I bet the Aussie press loves him!
Yep, I reckon the Aussie press love him.

The biggest difference is that he gets a lot more coverage in his home country than Hayden did/does.

Glenn

·
Registered
13,847 Posts
btw, let's see, who else has had to deal with some "shadow" cast over their title:

Rainey
Schwantz
Criville
Roberts (junior)
Hayden

and I am sure there are more.
Capirossi's 250 title he stole. :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
stoner needs to grow up and not get affected by the media....and I think the commentators, atleast the official ones on motogp gave him credit for his riding

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Capirossi's 250 title he stole. :)
:laughing: - he PUNTED Harada quite hard, didn't he. :laughing:

And I guess we can throw Spencer's first title in there too.

Btw, One of the biggest heart breaks was Jaque over Nakano in 2000. I wanted Nakano to win. :(

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Surely you don't believe that. If you do, you are a silly man. No one becomes a champion without deserving it. And yes Blarney, even Alex Criville.

The kid is a frickin' broken record. He has been saying this crap over and over and over. Get over it. Act like a champion and stop crying about people not giving you enough respect. You have to earn that respect and if it takes a good attitude on top of winning a title, well, there you go.

No, but the bike helped him a lot. It looked comparitive to a 750 VS 600 battle in on a few tracks. He doesn't need to be worried, unless he comes out next year and does poorly, then we will have more reasons to believe it was more of the bike instead of the combo of bike and rider..

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Who gives an olly flying hell - He is 21 - Got HOT ASS for a wife - Races for Factory Ducati - Is the Moto Frickin GP World Champion - I dig the little muskrat mydamnself - Get on gettin on Kasey

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Who gives an olly flying hell - He is 21 - Got HOT ASS for a wife - Races for Factory Ducati - Is the Moto Frickin GP World Champion - I dig the little muskrat mydamnself - Get on gettin on Kasey
i agree 100%!! lil guy has a nice life right now. All he can do is live it up and see if he isnt Hayden pull a one year wonder.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts