Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no clue what to get :( I've narrowed it down to either the Apple iPhone, Moto Q Global, AT&T Tilt, or the Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9.

Anyone have any of these phones that can offer comments or suggestions???

·
Pathological Thrill Seekr
5,196 Posts
I have no clue what to get :( I've narrowed it down to either the Apple iPhone, Moto Q Global, AT&T Tilt, or the Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9.

Anyone have any of these phones that can offer comments or suggestions???
If the razr2 is as reliable as my razr was, stay far away.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
A buddy of mine has an iPhone. The internet is ridiculously slow. I have a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition from Sprint. Not a bad phone, the internet is suppose to be broadband fast. Another friend has a Nokia E64 which he says is a really good phone. Has some nice features such as VOIP and Wi-Fi. My friend loves the phone and I think its pretty nice. The only problem is you are forced to pay the full price since no carrier offers a discount on it.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the razr2 is as reliable as my razr was, stay far away.
interesting...the RAZR2 was the last on my list. I am really looking at the Tilt or the iPhone as of now

A buddy of mine has an iPhone. The internet is ridiculously slow. I have a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition from Sprint. Not a bad phone, the internet is suppose to be broadband fast. Another friend has a Nokia E64 which he says is a really good phone. Has some nice features such as VOIP and Wi-Fi. My friend loves the phone and I think its pretty nice. The only problem is you are forced to pay the full price since no carrier offers a discount on it.
I'm not really going to be using the phone for internet use...mostly just text, email, calendar, photo, music. But that's is funny b/c they "advertise" how fast their internet is lol

No can do on Blackberry...has to be a phone that I can install my company's software on. :) It's for work. I also don't want a bulky phone. I have the Motorola Q now and love how small it is (it's just not an international phone). The only thing I don't like about my Q is that the keyboard buttons are so small and close together that it is hard to type on

·
The Victim Newbie
7,384 Posts
interesting...the RAZR2 was the last on my list. I am really looking at the Tilt or the iPhone as of now

no can do on Blackberry...has to be a phone that I can install my company's software on. :) It's for work. I also don't want a bulky phone. I have the Motorola Q now and love how small it is (it's just not an international phone). The only thing I don't like about my Q is that the keyboard buttons are so small and close together that it is hard to type on
what company software can you install on the iphone?

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
My current phone collection for work and otherwise is: Blackberry 8830 Worldphone, Apple iPhone, and Sidekick 3.

I love my iPhone... HATE TYPING ON IT! Seriously, it's hard to live without when you get pampered with the music/video portion as well as the google maps... but typing just blows!

My blackberry is cool, but just a necessary evil...

·
Registered
946 Posts
My current phone collection for work and otherwise is: Blackberry 8830 Worldphone, Apple iPhone, and Sidekick 3.

I love my iPhone... HATE TYPING ON IT! Seriously, it's hard to live without when you get pampered with the music/video portion as well as the google maps... but typing just blows!

My blackberry is cool, but just a necessary evil...
Blackberry 8830 sweet phone!

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
I'm a big fan of BlackBerry. I recently went with the Pearl (8100) and I love it. What software do you need on the phone?

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
I'm a big fan of BlackBerry. I recently went with the Pearl (8100) and I love it. What software do you need on the phone?
How did you adapt to typing on the Peal? I thought about it, but didn't think that I would be able to type on it.

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
depends on what you need on your phone. i was a firm believer of "all i need is to make a call and text once in a while" and i was happy with my POS razr but when i saw and actually played with an iPhone i was very impressed. yeah it has it's downfalls such as slow internet but at least it has wifi to make up for it. i harrased my gf to buy me one for about 2 months and when the price dropped she finally broke down and bought it as an advance Christmas/birthday present and I absolutely love it. I've never enjoyed using my cell phone so much, now i always have something to do whenever i have to kill a little time. i hear they're coming out with a 16 gig version with possible gps function as well soon so maybe hold off till then if you want one and you shall be da shieeeet!

·
I wok!
3,079 Posts
if u need to install stuff for checkpoint u can pretty much count the iphone out. get the blackjack 2 in a couple weeks

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
depends on what you need on your phone. i was a firm believer of "all i need is to make a call and text once in a while" and i was happy with my POS razr but when i saw and actually played with an iPhone i was very impressed. yeah it has it's downfalls such as slow internet but at least it has wifi to make up for it. i harrased my gf to buy me one for about 2 months and when the price dropped she finally broke down and bought it as an advance Christmas/birthday present and I absolutely love it. I've never enjoyed using my cell phone so much, now i always have something to do whenever i have to kill a little time. i hear they're coming out with a 16 gig version with possible gps function as well soon so maybe hold off till then if you want one and you shall be da shieeeet!
why wait for that POS

when you can buy the tilt and have all of that... now.

And better, Windows OS :)

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
After a few days of use I really like the Motorola Q9h (global). I highly recommend checking it out. It took about a day to get used to it and now I love it.

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
How did you adapt to typing on the Peal? I thought about it, but didn't think that I would be able to type on it.
I was leery of it too, due to it's "interesting" keyboard layout. I've had an old BB before that with a full qwerty. Unfortunately I took an accidental dive off a boat while at a bass tournament, and the pearl was all I could afford at the time for replacement. To my big surprise, after couple ackward days, typing on it now is a freaking dream. Two handed, or one - it's quite fantastic either way :1pimp

1 - 20 of 79 Posts