Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to the conclusion I keep my chain too tight. Do you think that could create extra ware on the sprocket????

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Yes, It can also damage your engine output shaft from it being pulled on it everytime your suspension compresses.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GsxrTony said:
Yes, It can also damage your engine output shaft from it being pulled on it everytime your suspension compresses.

ooooo....that sounds bad.:mad

Thanks Tony:D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
i told you brian too it was to tight when you went around the block...ya never loosened it either ya dork:jester

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Odysseys said:
i told you brian too it was to tight when you went around the block...ya never loosened it either ya dork:jester

uuuuuuuum aaaaaaaaahhhh:confused :confused

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Odysseys said:

bad part is it's usually tighter than that:(

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
also too a tight chain limits the suspension travel..meaning the some tention is getting into your chain..and not the shock...so bad and double bad.

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
Brian, you should have about 1.5~1.9" of travel in the chain when it's adjusted correctly. I know it seems like a lot, but the guysare right about it causing excessive wear on your drivetrain components.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts