Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I wanted to test out my sliders yesturday. Quite embarrassing really.

5mph fall. Coming to a stop. Right Foot Shoe Lace gets stuck on the brake pedal. Loose balance. Tear shoelace in half. Wham Bam Boom. Bike is now horizontal. Pick up the bike. Pull over and get laughed at by the guy behind me. Was quite funny actually.

BUT...... My sliders did a great job of protecting the bike in a fall. Minimal paint scratches. Muffler bracket slightly bent. Thats it.

Now does this qualify me for the Street Crash Club. Since my track spill didn't qualify me last year, My goal for this year was to get into it.:D Not really.:nono

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
That sucks Champ,

It is funny though:laughing :laughing . I always forget to tuck my shoelaces too. I can't tell you how many times I come to a stop light on one foot. Never fell over though so far. Guess it's time for some boots.:D

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Champ91 said:
So I decided I wanted to test out my sliders yesturday. Quite embarrassing really.

5mph fall. Coming to a stop. Right Foot Shoe Lace gets stuck on the brake pedal. Loose balance. Tear shoelace in half. Wham Bam Boom. Bike is now horizontal. Pick up the bike. Pull over and get laughed at by the guy behind me. Was quite funny actually.

BUT...... My sliders did a great job of protecting the bike in a fall. Minimal paint scratches. Muffler bracket slightly bent. Thats it.

Now does this qualify me for the Street Crash Club. Since my track spill didn't qualify me last year, My goal for this year was to get into it.:D Not really.:nono
Must be contagious or something. Pete, you've been hanging around me too much!

Since Ernie said MY boo-boos like that counted, I guess yours do too.

Chris

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
LOL!!!! The 'Busa unties John's shoelaces all the time (usually the left one).

So did you feel like Arte Johnson on his tricycle? OOOF!

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
That's the main reason I wear riding boots all the time while riding. I was wearing my Army boots, but they had 6 ft laces (literally!) and would ALWAYS come undone. I got shorter laces but it still was a pain. :nono

Pete, why don't you just solve the problem..wear flip-flops!

Chris

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Why do Army boots have 6' laces?:eek:t

G

·
0 Posts
Had to cut my shoe laces on my tennis shoes for that very reason.. but it was always on the shifter side.. almost dropped the witty bitty one a couple days cause of it.. but hey shoe lace 2 bucks Witty bitty ones side panel ohhh too much.. glad they was old laces..

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
KBOlsen said:
Why do Army boots have 6' laces?:eek:t
Never know when you are going to need 6 feet of cord when you are out in the field. At least, that's what we could gather. Most of the time they just get in the way.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
sorry to hear about the booboo.

so what was the left foot busy doing at that stop? :p

you don't put both feet down at a stop? I shouldn't talk :rolleyes I'm a little on the short side so I usually only put one foot down too at a stoplight

yeah, you qualify for the crash club :laughing

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
That is what a tail bag is for. Put the street shoes in there and wear your riding boots. :rolleyes

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
why is it im your brother and you dont tell me these things?

ALWAYS ALWAYS tuck the shoolaces in....I do that on the occassional time I wear my hiking boots.

Live and learn

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
wow.....you learn something new everyday......i had no idea that my bike could untie my shoes. in my time riding its never happend so far....guess i'll have to keep this in mind.
Thanks!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, Admittedly I should have had my ridin boots on but I was a bit lazy. No tail bag as its a solo tail and I do not have tie downs. Besides you ever see my shoes. One big tail bag required. Yes I put both feet down. Just I went to put the right down and basically kicked the bike to lean in that direction. once it was leanin thats all she wrote.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts