Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, any clues to where I should go.
I don't wanna do a lot of shopping for it and would like THE place to go.
Not talking about some Walmart special or nothing a good piece of equipment to withstand some good punching. Maybe even a pair of punching gloves.

Any clues? Thanks guys

·
Registered
813 Posts
Got mine (heavy bag, not speed bag, and gloves) at Sports Authority a couple years ago. Originally got Everlast canvas bag. No good. All the stuffing transfers to the bottom after a while. Next I got Century leather bag and Everlast gloves. Worked out much better.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so canvas bags suck?,and get a leather bag is better cause of the stuff?
if so where did yeah get it?
thanks dude;)

·
3,613 Posts
We have a 75lb. TKO canvas bag that I bought for my dad and I've really no complaints. It's hung up kinda funny 'cause the ceilings in the basement where it is are real low and we had to get creative to keep the bag at a respectable height, but even still, it seems to have only lost some shape at the top where the chains put pressure on it. Kneeinpain probably had used his a lot more, but I've been doing like 30 minutes at least 3 times a week on it for the last month I think and it seems ok. Then again, I'm a wuss.

Oh yah, I believe I also purchased it at Sports Authority, but I'm not really sure.

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Look online at Sports Authority or Sportmart or one of the other sporting goods stores. Also check out Play it Again Sports, but these vary by location (the one in Downers Grove is one of the larger stores I've been to).

You may want to get feedback from a trainer or similar.

But the basic rule is: the better the quality, the more you pay. Leather will be more than canvas.

I got a 70# Everlast canvas. Serves me well, I just haven't used it in a while. I should get back into it.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:rofl max tell me thats when you just hung it up right when it was new, PLEASE....it looks un touched.

ill see what i can find, anything is better then what i am using now.
thanks for the info homies:cheers

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went out and got 1....i found a 100 pound bag after going to 2 places...fuck them small little barbage bags..they would break in a heart beat after a few minutes with me...so i found this everlast 100 pound bag..Teflon...i think its tougher then leather..but i could be wrong...well the last place i went to was MC sports..they had it..but not in stock..so i said let me get the floor model..which doesnt look like it was ever hit let alone a mark on it...so for 90 bucks..and a pair of leather gloves with that bar in the grip...i came home mounted it and beat the SHIT out of it for about a 1/2 hour:evil .
i fucken love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and it beats 2-2x12 doubled up with padding:laughing

·
3,613 Posts
Odysseys said:
max tell me thats when you just hung it up right when it was new, PLEASE....it looks un touched.
Bah, we'll see what yours looks like in a month, I guess, but, yeah, I'm not a fuckin' boxer, so whatever. :) Oh yeah, I should mention, since the ceiling is so low, most of the wear is towards the top of the bag where the TKO logo goes around.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol max...so what yeah think...is that a good bag?..or a peice of shit?

its kinda cool..the lower you go its more denser, almost feel like sand down there or something...then from 1 1/2 foot up from the bottom it gets a touch less firm..and then it has a good dense feeling all the way up...they put sand or something down there from keeping it from flying around as much?

i think i should put one if those bunji cords on the bottom too cause this thing was swinging to high hell after i blasted it ribs..lol:laughing

·
3,613 Posts
Odysseys said:
i think i should put one if those bunji cords on the bottom too cause this thing was swinging to high hell after i blasted it ribs
That's really a good idea. Ours has a hook on the bottom for a bungee cord, but we've nowhere to hook it to on the cement floor, but it swings all over the place. In fact, the last place I had it mounted, the damn bolt on top came out of the stud I assume 'cause of all the stress from the bag swinging back and forth. Anyhow, if you do that, then you can get some kicks in, too. Looks like a nice bag though and I've got just about the same gloves, 'cept in red.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahah...yeah i was kicking it too..thats why it has those white streaks i guess from my boot..i was like..WHAT DID YOU SAY BITTCHHHHH!!!!!

boot to the head THUD

:evil

this shit is fun.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well:rolleyes here i was on the computer...i hear the bag calling me a bitch so i went down to kick his ass...chicago south side style..and i broke it, look like i have to get a bigger hook and maybe double it up:evil :evil

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ken, I used an old bike tire innertube to hang mine from. It works well. "Gives" a little when you hit it and puts less strain on the chain and joist it hangs from. :-

·
Please attend carefully..
2,625 Posts
Odysseys said:

its kinda cool..the lower you go its more denser, almost feel like sand down there or something...then from 1 1/2 foot up from the bottom it gets a touch less firm..and then it has a good dense feeling all the way up...they put sand or something down there from keeping it from flying around as much?

Could be softer in spots because that's where people punch it. At least that's where my soft spot is - the helmet area - I mean head - I give up, no matter what I say it's not going to come out right!

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kneeinpain....i dont think a inner tube will support this 100 bag..plus me hitting it to top it off.

but i went out and got a steel looping link with a slide down fastener...went back at it..and its fine.;)

plus i got it hanging from the steel beam in the basment;)

this thing is cool to practice on:evil

·
Registered
813 Posts
Odysseys said:
kneeinpain....i dont think a inner tube will support this 100 bag..plus me hitting it to top it off.

this thing is cool to practice on:evil

No kidding. It doesn't hit back...:laughing

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ahh my new friend..theres some things you dont know about me.

(i like fights , there for i do like getting hit as well.)

but like i said (practice on) so for me its cool cause usualy the guy is already passing out and i have to hold him some to practice new moves...so this way i can practice everything out before hand and try some new stuff:evil :evil

just kidding;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you want to work on your coordination and add variety to your workout for not much dough, there is a kind of speed bag that is suspended from 2 bungee cords- one from the ceiling and the other from the floor. You may have seen one when you were buying you heavy bag. I like it because it forces you to react and move. (although I react and move a lot slower these days :laughing )

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i saw that, and i tried it too...the only problem was WOHHHHH that dam thing streaths to far with a GOOD wack...i am having a blast...but i think its time to start wrapping my knuckles and then put on these punching gloves. my knuckles are taking a POUNDING when i hit the lower part of the bag like hard sand down there..but man it feels good to hit it:evil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts