Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend alot of time in the Chicagoland area. However, I have yet to hear or discover any good roads for riding.:( Its clear to me that the chicago area has more sportbike riders than the Miwaukee area, but where does everybody ride? Are there anyplaces similar to Southern Kettle Moraine or Holy Hill area in Wisconsin near the Western Chicago burbs or anywhere in the Chicagoland area?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
hello and welcome:twofinger

your answer is no...nothing in the chicago land area as good as the kennal area or hill rd. but when we do our rides hook up and check out the places we go to..we have certain routes from certain guys that know them or we go out and do some research in finding them..THEY are few are far between but we find most of them;)

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
pauly said:
I spend alot of time in the Chicagoland area. However, I have yet to hear or discover any good roads for riding.:( Its clear to me that the chicago area has more sportbike riders than the Miwaukee area, but where does everybody ride? Are there anyplaces similar to Southern Kettle Moraine or Holy Hill area in Wisconsin near the Western Chicago burbs or anywhere in the Chicagoland area?
Hey Paul! Are you slummin??? :laughing :twofinger

Yeah, what is it with Wisconsin riders. We need to get them organized I guess. Sure, I'm one to talk, I haven't ridden with you guys either...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm injured Jack. . . .below the belt hit:D Slummin. . .I will admit its true. I'm a part time FIB, looking to achieve full time status. Although I was born and raised in Milwaukee, 80% of the people I know live in Chicago. I have family, alot of friends, plus a girlfriend (chicago ladies have more style and better looks), all which live in the Chicago area. Family lives in Lincon Park, Girlfriend in Downers Grove and friends in. . .

-Elmhurst
-Northbrook
-Oak Brook
-Aurora
-South Chicago
-And several others throughout the downtown area.

so naturally I'm down there :cheers and partying alot, in fact too much. I just figure, i should find some decent roads since I spend so much time down there. Or as it seems, finding those roads is wishful thinking. Somebody prove me wrong!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've been a F.I.B. for 12 years now and have seen few "good" roads. Given the fact all your friends are here, you should move here :D We need more people to switch to the dark side :laughing.

I don't recall any good twisties in the suburbs. you have to go to the edge of the burbs to get some action. I think routes 25 and 31 are pretty nice. More fast sweepers than anything, but beggars can't be choosers :). Rt. 2, which follows the rock river from the rockford area south is nice and scenic. Rt. 64 further out (past st. charles) gets to wind a bit more also. There are some other scattered roads out there but even our good routes include getting our jollies on 90 degree turns in a farm field somewhere. Around here, buy a cruiser and be happy :) Sportbikes are for mad wheeliez only :laughing. I'm kidding of course, but the situation as far as twisties are concerned is pretty grim...compared to my fav. place...California :helmet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sheridan road is also pretty fun, though lots of stop signs & residential areas. there are a few short areas that are great to ride through, however:-

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
How about you guys run down to the local police station and just tell them where we're going to be and when so we can all get busted.:rolleyes :rolleyes

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Michael said:

on my way!! :twofinger :D :D
:laughing :laughing How did I know I could count on you.:D :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not asking anyone to divulge their Illegal spots for stunting, just interested in curvy roads, a place where most people act responsible and ride within there limits. Consider Deals' Gap, reknown for its incredible road. Although highly publicized, the NC police don't ticket with increased frequency. If so, it wouldn't be a hot spot it is today. The same theory applies to other roads as well. Increased policing, for the most part, occurs when riders irritate, endanger, and or become an overall nuisance. :thumbsup

·
3,613 Posts
pauly said:
Consider Deals' Gap, reknown for its incredible road. Although highly publicized, the NC police don't ticket with increased frequency. If so, it wouldn't be a hot spot it is today
Hmm. I recall reading something on SBN recently about how they are, and have been, really cracking down on the motorcyclists passing through the Gap--just thought I'd share.

Also, because our few good roads are so hard to find around here, and because we kind of try to keep them less publicized, I think you'd be better off joining a couple group rides like Odysseys had suggested earlier. :)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
pauly said:
I'm not asking anyone to divulge their Illegal spots for stunting, just interested in curvy roads, a place where most people act responsible and ride within there limits. Consider Deals' Gap, reknown for its incredible road. Although highly publicized, the NC police don't ticket with increased frequency. If so, it wouldn't be a hot spot it is today. The same theory applies to other roads as well. Increased policing, for the most part, occurs when riders irritate, endanger, and or become an overall nuisance. :thumbsup
I understand bro:thumbsup

Unfortunately around here it's like a game to the police they find out where everyone goes and then they shut it down. I'm not only talking about stunt spots. If they find out where your railin' through the curves they're gonna set up a trap.

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
My father-in-law has a shirt he got at Deal's Gap. It says
"Ride Illinois, 11 curves in 318 miles"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts